1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 250/310 xlite starter issues...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by smokinrider, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    probably. there have been reports of valve timing being off by one tooth, which runs okay but starts hard and has an occasional hiccup.

yes- these short stroke engines (with little flywheel effect) are meant to idle high- 2000+ rpms. yet lotsa people feel the need to bring the idle down to long stroke levels for whatever reason; tradition maybe.
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  2. rgormley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Thanks for the reply's and information...
    I have all my bits on order... i should see them mid week... so i`ll be able to ride this weekend.

small other question. i noted on the fish parts that the exhaust manifold to head shows a gasket.... for the life of me owning this bike i have never seen or used one, i just stick the pipe up to the head and tighten the 2 x 8mm bolts... plus the 2 x springs

i have order the gasket, is it a copper compression type?, maybe i will get better performance??.... was my exhaust always leaking around the head?
    will see if it make a difference? smoother operation?

cheers....

https://www.firstclassmotorcycles.c...c-txc-250-310/exhaust-system-te-txc#ficheZone
  3. rgormley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    oh found a pic of the "cover plate" i can see my "3D" view now :)

Attached Files:

4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    you aren't gonna see a performance difference if you're not see streaks of exhaust on the cylinder or header. OTOH, without the gasket perhaps you were sucking in small amounts of oxygen, causing your backfire.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yup!
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. rgormley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    what that a "yup" for the sucking in small amounts of oxygen, causing your backfire?

it would be great if it was the missing gasket that was/is causing these occasional backfires (blipping the throttle)

The bike goes hard/quick enough for me!
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yup! Air leaks in the exhaust can cause backfiring.
  8. rgormley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    ok now more questions and observations.... 2012 TE310

So I bought the header pipe gasket 8000H0015GASKET D33-D26-SP 3,2
    item 25
    https://www.firstclassmotorcycles.c...c-txc-250-310/exhaust-system-te-txc#ficheZone

but it`s diameter is to large WTF!!??? it wont sit in the head recess and it`s 2mm to big to centralize on the header pipe.

the part number are correct..
    i measured the gasket, more like a aluminum disc? outer diam 44mm inner 37mm (3.5mm wall thickness)

so the question.... A: do i need one? B: does anybody else have them/ use them? 2012 TE310

the header pipe fits snugly into the head (pipe sits in the head recess) and is held in place via the flange plate and two 8 mm hex bolts.

Attached Files:

9. rgormley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    just noticed the fiche file only shows one bolt to hold the exhaust to the head.... it needs two! mistake?
  10. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

Must be a mistake, my 250 has 2 bolts.
  11. rgormley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    hey hey! are you stalking me? been riding lately? i have a fully automated "kick only" starting system installed on my bike....called well uummm....kickstart..

gave up on the electric... just to many issues...
  12. rgormley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    do you have a gasket? or pipe goes straight to the head (flange plate plus bolts only) oh and the small right angle bracket to keep the water hose up away from the pipe...
  13. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes but on the bike, you can buy that stuff second hand on Gumtree. Haven't been riding for about a year, too much stuff going on.
  14. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I bet the gasket is probably there mostly to keep a vibrating steel header pipe from wearing on the aluminum head.

If the header is tight I bet it will not leak.

Better to have one though.
  15. MitchMan406 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    With loctite on the cam cap bolts, per the manual.
  16. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

oh, really!?

I never used loctite.
  17. GreekMountains Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2008 TE410E
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR600 CRF300l(upgraded) susp
    Hi i know this is an OLD OLD thread but when i bought my 2008 TE450 secondhand it would start very easily(although slightly slowly on the button) without the manual de-comp.Around the time i had a valve adjustment done,it became difficult to turn over which may or may not have been co-incidental.The mechanic told me the valves needed adjustment at the time i remember clearly.It always starts but i use the manual de-comp lever.My thoughts are that the auto de-comp is worn and not working correctly or the exhaust valve had been deliberatley adjusted loose to aid starting(possibly as the previous owner was aware of the problem)
    Anyway interested to know your thoughts,using the manual lever doesnt really bother me
    Cheers Nick
  18. GreekMountains Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2008 TE410E
    Other Motorcycles:

I know this is OLD but thanks for putting this in such a clear concise way
  19. GreekMountains Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2008 TE410E
    Other Motorcycles:
    OLD thread i know but its cheaper for the dealer to replace all the parts(manufacturer pays) than to change things 1 at a time (dealer gets paid lower rate for warranty work than a normal customer would pay walking through the door)