1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 250/310 outter Oil line protection guard.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Laura, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    motoz enduro s/t front 80/100-21. motoz tractionator s/t rear 110/100-18

3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Thanks. Me want.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That looks awesome Clay! You guys are getting a brand new engine in 2014 to play with. My favorite addition to the new engine - Dual oil pumps. :D
    Still has silly exterior oil line, though might prove useful for oil cooling mods. :rolleyes:
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks! Yep, I'm looking forward to playing with a new Husky. :thumbsup:
  6. Don Joy Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR 650, 2007 YZ250F
    Make this 4 and 5. I ripped mine off a couple months ago like the first pic about this. Today I sheared the aluminum bolt head right off and the hose blew oil everywhere. I'm going to be working on something to protect the line. It has to protect things from getting behind the line and in contact with the banjo bolts. Both of mine happened from rocks, not sticks but, same issue.

Attached Files:

7. RailwayRog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I've got a new oil line and banjo bolts for sale if your interested.
  8. Michael Collins Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vtx 1800 , R1 1000 , Sherco 290.
    Would it take much to loosen the top oil line connection Because i noticed mine had been loose after a ride , never seen any marks on the oil line or nut to make me think something hit against it , will the nut need checked before every ride , The oil line position is not good at all , I'm now very concerned about this which i would call a flawed design should the bikes not be recalled or the Husqvarna factory make a proper protective alloy cover , Ever since this has happened and looked into it there is quite a lot of talk about this oil pipe position
  9. RailwayRog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    What I did is have the two bolts heads drilled out just enough to thread safety wire through it. I also carried in my pack a spare oil line and bolts in case they got damaged out on the trail. I do have a new oil line and two bolts for sale. Husky oil line bolt.jpg
  10. Michael Collins Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good idea think i'll do that myself , Where are you from?, Thinking about postage price
  11. RailwayRog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Across the pond, New York
  12. 2wheeler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki TS185
    I noticed in the manual the pic shows the line disconnected at the oil filter cover when doing an oil change. If the line is left attached to the cover during oil changes. Could the movement over time of several oil changes weaken the hose? :thinking:
  13. Phil Lamb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
  14. Michael Collins Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Phil for the photo , Wish i had done that a week ago although mite not have done much good this time , When i was looking at the bike before i bought it i said something about the oil pipe but nothing much or at all was said that this pipe will need to be protected in some way so i never really took much notice of it, Thinking that Husqvarna was fine with that design was good enough for me , However the top banjo bolt was loose and all the oil was pumped out of the engine and siezed with not even a 100 mile on it!!![CATASTROPHE, FFS] i think the nut was never tightend up properly from the factory, There's a two year guarantee so hopeing it will be covered by that.

what kind of spring did you use ?
  15. Phil Lamb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    MC-
    Just go to a good hardware store and look around. It has to slip over the banjo fitting. Then find a big hose clamp, or two linked together. Not sure how effective this will be, but it makes me feel better.
  16. AlwynMike Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 250x, Suzuki GS1000
    As this thread has been brought up again, here are a couple of pictures of the Meca Systems sump guard with the add-on for the oil pipe. Not perfect, but an improvement on going naked. the add-on is such that anything head-on will either hit the guard of the radiator.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I did wonder why Meca didn't mill out the add-on to match the guard - maybe it wasn't strong enough with big holes in it!

The set up was expensive though - around £160 British

Mike
    JonXX likes this.
  17. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    DSCF0834.jpg

Never had a problem with this line myself but I can see the potential issue, has anyone attempted to make a steel oil line similar to my old WR250F which you can see running behind the header pipe? I realise it would need to be removed/loosened to do a filter change but would be much stronger and could be fabricated to follow closely to the barrel etc to minimise the chance of snagging.
    JonXX likes this.
  18. Michael Collins Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looks like nothin would snag on that pipe good job!, Cheers for the photo
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That is a different hose than what is being discussed in this thread. ZipTy has a fix for the oil drain back issue and we are about a week away from release.
  20. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    I'm working on exactly that, with a minor re-route as well. I'll post pics and instructions once I have something that suits me.
    Freaky likes this.