Te 250 2008 high idle ibeat adjust help needed!!!

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by dollyb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    Hi

I own a 4stroke TE 250 year 2008 EFI bike, it has high idle (about 3500-4000rpm), and the neutral light is on, sometimes flashing.

Bike is without lambda with 2.2K resistor, but stockexhaust, hard throttle stop removed.

I install ibeat v2, and can connect to bike via cheap vag-com cable.

What i did:

- i set full open throttle to WOT 100.5%, closed is now 0%

- idle air screw i adjust full closed position, then 2,5 back.

- i check and measurement valve clearence is all good.

- i check the fuel pump and fix it, now there is in original place.

- I set TPS setting read/set 0% is about 980mV full 100% is 43xx mV (i remember...)

- All my CO1 CO2 CO3 is 100%, and i dont change that

- Checked fail history, and cleared it was ,,tilt sensor" in history (i think because the wrong TPSbefore)

- I remove the 2.2K resistor, and the idle stand on normal about 1750-1800 rpm. I let about 5 min to run it was linear, but when i put out the choke nothing happen, except i hear like more air flowing in engine. With resistor and using choke the idle increase normally as by cold starting.

Bike is running well, starting good clod and warm, i dont have much experience (i ride with my bike 1 hour) but i think it is weak, i own before a SuzukiRM 125 it was much stronger.

I read many thopic about the problem, i think i shoud buy a lambda (I dont have the original lambda) and warm the engine, connect to ibeat and set the FB1 to 100, and all will fine.........

Any experience?

WBR

Bertold
  2. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    update 1:

I checked tilt sensor plug, and resistors.
    It was little oily.

wire orange to black 4k4 ohm
    wire orange to blackgrey 3k9 ohm
    wire black to blackgrey 0.47 kohm

i warmed up the bike, but no FB icon :-(
    i reconnect the lambda resistor plug, the FB icon up, but still non activity.

ibeat_3.jpg
  3. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    hi check your intake boot for cracks,reset your full open throttle to 102.7 reset tps and check idle. When i set my wot to 100.5 i had the same problem too with the idle. The neutral light i cant help you with.
  4. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    Hi

Thx i will set WOT to 102.7 and then reset the TPS, i will update you.
    On the intake boot i dont see any cracks.

update 2:

I checked the gear shift position sensor with a tester.
    I measured the right ohm in all the gears, what the workshop (chapter M.27) says.
  5. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    Hi

I made some photos about my bike ecu, i think its a 2009 model, that is why the flash light flashing.
    I connect ibeat and in the readed vin is a 9. On the frame its an 8.
    My bike is 2008 with a 2009 ecu?
    ecu_te250_1.jpg ecu_te250_1.jpg
  6. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    Hi

Still without lambda :-)

I let the wot at 100.5%, closed is 0%
    Idle screw 2,5x out.

I played with ibeat, i set co1=90, co2=92, co3=95, bike is running now at 1900rpm, the exhaust gas is much colder.

then

I set to co1=108, co2=105, co3=102, bike stalling, and gray exhaust gas came out. The idle was about 1200rpm, i dont now because bike stops quick.

i will ride a while next day, with the first lean settings.

wbr

Bertold
  7. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    Hi all

The ride was much better, bike has more power, in 2nd and 3th gear wheelie was no problem:-)
    Idle is very stable about 1850 rpm, no stalling, no stops, i am very happy. Warm start is without problems.
    At high idle i feel bike get no fuel or regulate, maybe i should set co3 to richer.
    Lets see.

Wbr

Bertold
  8. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    Hi again!

Last year sadly broke my valves, i must rebuild the head, new crankshaft, piston, 4 valves.

After repair:
    First i install the O2 sensor back, all FB1-3 is 100.
    Idle is about 1650 rpm, i connect ibeat and wait after feedback adjustment value is activity.
    Why is activity 40-50 at idle? It is normal value? When I give trottle it is going to ~100.

wbr

Bertold
  9. dollyb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2008
    Hi

My bike is now running like an angel :-)

history:
    - new fuel pump, cleaning injector
    - new spark plug and coil
    - valve clearence set

You dont belive it was the timing wrong, the intake camshaft was 2 teeth off! The factory sign (point) was not good, i think it was a bearing replace, and the sprocket was putting different back, because of this was 2 teeth off by the factory signs.

Now

CO1, CO2, CO3 = 100%, WOT=100,4%, my idle is 1900 rpm!

I bought an arrow exhaust, next week arrives, lets see :-)

wbr

Bertold