1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 125 hose connections

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Ami, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Ami Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS850GN 1979
    Hi all,
    I recently got a used TE 125 2011 bike, where I think the Carb and oil breather hoses are not connected right. I looked in the Manual and spare parts catalog, but couldn't find anything helpful. Near the water pump, the oil breather hose comes out, where is it supposed to be connected..? does it go into the lower plug that fits into the air filter box..? then, according to the spare parts catalog, there is supposed to be a hose connecting near the exhaust pipe outlet to a round part, and from there connected to the carb. well on the bike I got the exhaust small outlet is closed (no pipe connected...there are two more hoses coming out of the carbs (except for the fuel hose and the one that is supposed to be connected to the exhaust), with one closed with screw. Where should these hoses be connected to..?
    Would highly appreciate any input from the forum.
    Thanks,
    Ami
  2. Ami Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS850GN 1979
    I have added a picture and the original scheme. Hope you can help me out...
    Thanks,
    Ami

Attached Files:

3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    It's a 4-stroke I think? ...we don't have that bike here (USA) that I know of. 2t or 4t- regardless, that air box port needs a hose or a plug. hose 19 looks like a vacuum hose maybe and shouldn't be left unconnected ('specially if it's a 2t) at the carb end.

your mystery part may be an air/oil separator; but I am not sure. Definitely some kinda air pollution control unit. Hell, it almost looks like an exhaust gas recirculation thingy.

sorry for the speculation. good luck.

ps- as long as the exhaust port, vacuum port, and air box port are plugged it should run fine. whatever your "thingy" is should be fine too as long as the above conditions are met. (it'd be nice if the engine breather hose went to the air box or some filtered termination... but it's not critical 'cause most crankcases have positive pressure in 'em from blow-by)
    Ami likes this.
  4. Ami Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 125 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS850GN 1979
    Thank you Trenchcoat85. Its indeed a 4-stroke enduro bike. After reading about similar parts in other bikes, I think this mystery part is a secondary air valve, which lets air flow from the air filter to the exhaust pipe (only in one direction), in order to better burn the fumes in the exhaust .. I still don't understand why the carb vacuum hose goes into that part...
    I now connected the engine breather hose to the air filter box plug, and left the mystery part unconnected...Following your advise I will plug the carb hose with a screw... I hope this will settle the hose connections issue..
    Thanks again,
    Ami
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    air into the exhaust? -I guess that makes sense, especially if you have a catalyst.

The carb vacuum is probably used to control the valve to let air in I imagine. BTW, if you disable this system (as it is now) and you do have a catalyst in your exhaust- take it out and put it on the shelf. It'll get ruined/clogged otherwise; and this will allow you to put a working unit back in someday.