Tc 610 And Smr 630

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by stefano43, Apr 17, 2021.

1. stefano43 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Te 510 , smr 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg fe 450 , Tm 250 f, sxv 450
    Hello all, currently have a Te 510 2008 model that im riding offroad , anyway next week im going to buy a smr 570 with the 630cc kit, the engine has been rebuilt and the current owner sent me all the photos of the work done. So basically it will be my track bike as ive always wanted one of the seel era bikes. Only problem the bike has is that it wears out the kickstart mechanism , the owner has now assembled it but said it would not last a long time, claiming it has to do wit the big bore kit and the high compression the engine has.

Im also considering picking up a Tc 610 which also has a faulty kick start mechanism, so now I am wondering if that actually is a weak point of the bikes from that era , left kick only and whether there are some upgraded parts available or a way to make the kick start mechanism reliable. I can not yet say what exactly the problem with the kick starts of the bikes is but just the fact that both of them have the same issue has got me wondering if it is a recurring issue.

Thank you everyone
  2. andyjd Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 570 (Nox) with a 100mm piston (600cc) and have not had any issues with the kickstart, its not used regularly just for trackdays.
  3. stefano43 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Te 510 , smr 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg fe 450 , Tm 250 f, sxv 450
    Well been some time and now still got my smr 570 with the 630 kit, also bought two smr 570s in parts so will be building them up, my 630 has a 410 enduro frame so will be building it into a enduro or possibly mx bike and will be putting the 630 engine into one 570 frame and use it as a trackday and possibly even race bike and rebuild the other into a street sumo so ill post some pictures up when i start the builds.

Question , got a husaberg fe 450 2007 engine fully rebuilt as my spare engine and was wondering if it would fit into the 570 frame and if anyone done such a conversion , as it is a also right side drive engine it should be possible, anyone have some experience with this?