SX: Anaheim 1

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pvduke, Dec 31, 2008.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    .......See ya there!

Brap!

:D
  2. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have a look for me, I'll be in my living room on the other side of a 52" plasma. :D
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Best seat in the house for sure. Ya aint gotta stand in line for the bathroom!

Last SX I went to? They were still all 'smokers. Miss the sound of them all hauling arse for the first turn....

Bring back the *braaaaaap!*.
  4. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

I recall going to SX at BC Place, our indoor football stadium when the whole 2 stroke and 4 stroke thing was still in transition. You could hardly hear the 2 strokes in comparision to the 4 strokes. Either way it damn loud indoors. I hope to head down to Seattle to catch the races this year.
    Enjoy Anaheim
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    WOW ....anahiem SX1 was a thriller.......on the edge of my seat(ok couch)the whole time.....total nailbiter......

wish Christophe Martin could have made a surprise appearance....
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    The bikes are much quiter....thankfully.

Ran into some peep's I knew as well- big suprise, actually.

Was over at the Suzuki tent with my 13 y/o god-son (recently gave him an old unused AXO jersey from the early 90's, as a 'sharpie shirt' to get autographs on at the races) ....I asked him 'do you know who that is?' as I pointed to a gent by the trailer talking to a mechanic, while 10,000 people were lined up trying to get Reed's autograph. He didn't have a clue who 'that man' was....I told him to go and ask the mechanic for that man's autograph. He got it. Then he showed it to his dad. His dad's eye's kinda went wow when he was showed it. After we got home, he Googled 'that man's' name. He got all excited and told me he was never gonna wash the shirt- ever! The autograph was Roger DeCoster's.

We also got Cowboy Kenny's (super nice guy), RC', MC's, Villapoto's and more autograph's just wandering around in the crowd. Don't gotta stand in line, just gotta be quick with yer eye's and a pen.

Waiting on some pics and I'll post 'em up later.... the racing was insane and very dramatic. Our seats were 5 rows up from the field, just after the first turn.

Stewart needs to learn how to ride and stay outta the way of the Honda riders (again!:censored:). Unreal. He's pretty fast but out of control.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Understatement of the year :D
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    DeCoster's - uber cool :cheers:

What was RC doing?
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Prettty funny, he was like 'why the big deal over the old guys autograph?' :confused:

Kids! :lol: Now he knows....... :thumbsup: The young one has a keeper for sure. :cool:

RC was hanging out at the Monster Energy tent with MC and Villapoto, and pretty much running amok everywhere spreading his way-cool vibe and energy... got a great pic of him and my godkid, wating for them to be e-mailed. MC and VP were really cool too.

Jason Lawrance cut the course in his main! :busted: :doh:
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :lol:
  11. Baritone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several
    Did he ever get penalized for it? :excuseme:

Think he ended up 4th and if he's backed up for cutting that could make a big difference in points at the end of the season. Kid is a cocky little sucker...:naughty:
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    One position, back to 5th...

All in all probably a fair move, I would have rather they tossed him to 20th... :busted:

Later,
  13. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

I think the sport needs something like Lawrence.[Gives it drama] He sure is fast! Remember Bradshaw, Hannah, sometimes Leichien! Considered bad but tough. Always geting in trouble! I LIKE IT!
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    The sport definately needs Lawrence, maybe not his off track adventures, but they do need him on race day. It's been a while since two top riders hated each other as much as lawrence and dungy do. It definately has my attention.
  15. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

While watching RC at SX practice a few years back Roger sat in the seat directly behind me. My brother almost pee'd himself he was so excited.
    I wish he sat in front of me so I would have had a chance to spill my beer on him. That woulda been something in my books, how many peeps could say "I spilled beer on Roger Decoster" :D
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    :lol:
  17. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just finished watching Anaheim 3 on Speed. Can anything be done to get someone other than #7 on top of the box? The guy is making the series a bit of a bore.

The stat of Bubba's SX career is wild.

46 starts
    16 crashes.
    30 wins.

If he doesn't crash he's 100%.
    Amazing.
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Maybe someone knows Tonia Harding phone number....
    She might have a few contacts that could talk with Stewart.:D