SWM takes part in the Supermoto World and Italian Championships

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Theo, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Here there's the piece of news from the official website.

Here the team is listed among the others.

Here in the comments of the pic a guy had asked when there will be a race-only SM bike and they answered: in 2018.

Here you can see the good results achieved in the two first races of the Italian Championship (actually it's named Supermoto International Series and it's for foreign people, too; there are Italian standings and International ones). The name of the class to select is, simply, "Supermoto"; "gara" means "race".
    IMHO the first race was easier: they could take advantage of Scmidt's Amazing talent (Borella is very, very skilled, too) with those difficult conditions in which, probably, the skills matter more than usual. Besides, Chareyre was not racing.

Some video reports (the commentary is in Italian):

race 1:

race 2:

Some people say that the bikes are just the old Huskies from 2010 wih little modifications.
    In the videos, you may have noticed that the team is named "BRT SWM". BRT is a well known Italian Supermoto team which is collaborating with SWM on this activity.

Unforunately, the World Championship is less and less prestigous: few races, few riders... .
    guscycle, Mik-3 and LandofMotards like this.
  2. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    Nice to see they are trying to make a comeback and not just stay idle
  3. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Yes, it's nice to see, partly because the old Husqvarnas won a good number of both constructors' and riders' titles and it was a pity when they quit the Supermoto World Championship.
  4. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250