SWM Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by ray gamache, May 25, 2019.

1. ray gamache Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM rs500
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 GasGas XC300
    Jumpn You may want to double check the weight the 250 should be less. The JD kit definitely helps but the best results putting the bike on a dyno and have it properly calibrated. I am very happy with the results.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Curb weight of CRF250L is at least 320 pounds, and most of the Japanese 250s weigh in easily over 300. That's why we love the Euro bikes.
    GrooveThang and Jumpn like this.
  3. ray gamache Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM rs500
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 GasGas XC300
    Yes I always thought they were lighter, the new Honda 450 dual sport is less than the SWM but you are correct the 250L weighs a lot. Glad you have a lighter bike.
  4. Appalachian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM RS500R, XR650R,WR426
    Teaser....
    Hopefully will have some updates soon. Gotta get back home for some testing and tweaking after I get the electronics on.

Attached Files:

5. Jumpn Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS500R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Versys x300
    I'm looking for information about water proofing the regulator / rectifier. My SWM RS500R ignition switch has quit working. I'm going to clean that and poke around a bit. I've remember reading about these bikes having an issue with water crossings and causing wierd electrical problems. Does anyone have any information regarding that? Thank you
  6. Appalachian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM RS500R, XR650R,WR426
    Which one? Keyed or bar switch, I would think it’s more likely one of the connectors or switch itself on either one of those.
  7. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    I have a 2012 te310 which is prob using similar wiring etc. Use dielectric grease on all electrical connections that can get wet. It will help
  8. SteveMox Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS500R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph S3 1050, Honda VTX1800
    I also have an RS500R (2017) that has fueling issues. It has the Arrow single exhaust but I'm 90% sure it still has the stock standard EFI map (Australia had a promotion where the RS500R came with the Arrow exhaust and an SWM branded bash plate in boxes ready to bolt on). I live remotely and it is quite difficult to get the bike to the nearest SWM dealer to re-flash the ECU. Would the JD 6X be enough to fix my flame out/idle/leanness issues? or is the Arrow map + JD 6X the only way to go?
  9. ray gamache Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM rs500
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 GasGas XC300
    Steve yes it will take care of your problem what you will find is that the JD kit allows you to vary changes which would be equivalent to a traditional carburetor on a two stroke bike meaning pilot jet main jet needle and so forth. When you put on the JD 6x module it amplifies or de-amplifies the signal to the fuel injector.
    What will have to happen is the first three settings represent the idle to mid range will need to be increased you will need to find out how that responds in your bike as your exhaust is different but traditionally it will need to be between six or eight (range 1-9) definitely for the first setting but you will find that for the higher speed it is actually already fairly rich and you will not need to change anything which will require a setting of three on the JD module
    GrooveThang likes this.
  10. SteveMox Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS500R
    Other Motorcycles:

Much appreciated mate :thumbsup: now to convince the wife it's a sound investment... :lol:
  11. ray gamache Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM rs500
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 GasGas XC300
    Feel free to reach out and remember that all of the different modules jd 6x … are all the same just different company decal get the best price
  12. SteveMox Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS500R
    Other Motorcycles:
    So far I can only find one used JD 6X for ~$300AUD... does anyone know where I can find a programmer (JD/FMF/etc) for a 2010 TE510?
  13. ray gamache Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM rs500
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 GasGas XC300
    I have a spare probably need 150 us dollars not sure how much to ship to Australia I imagine not cheap
  14. SteveMox Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM RS500R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah pretty sure it'll end up costing about the same with the current exchange rate and shipping :lol: thanks though