Strada Rear Brake Caliper failure - Check yours now!

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Mark_H, Mar 16, 2016.

1. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    it's a standard Brembo caliper. I think we concluded that it's the same as on the BMW G650GS and probably many italian bikes. You should be able to find repair kits using the part number on the caliper.
  2. NLfireblade Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
  3. Mark_H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada; 2015 Nuda 900R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XRM 125, Kawasaki Curve 115

KTM 390/690 and others has same caliper and the Kawasaki Rouser 200 and 220 have a copy of same caliper.
  4. Kaz19 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 Strada
    Thanks for the post OP and everyone who confirmed! I wouldn't have thought to check this if not.

Did the check on mine (approx. 11,000 km on the odometer) and found the front pin of the rear caliper to have no grease and the rear pin barely any left.

While the tools were out, I checked the front caliper as well, and to my surprise, the front pin of the front caliper had no grease and rusting! I forgot to take a photo before I sanded it off but you can still make out the black spots where most of the rust was in the photo I took afterwards below. Glad I caught it before it seized.

20211024_193130 - Copy.jpg

Great forum guys, thanks for saving me trouble in the long run! Cheers
  5. Drewidd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 450 exc
    Mine is not moving at all. Don't want to damage anything, is the caliper just pried apart from the carrier? are the pins just sitting in the rubber boots?