Still puttering along....05/28/17

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, May 29, 2017.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Hi....it's me again....still. Yep, I've been riding plenty, trails, street and dualsport. I don't get to do any of this stuff during the week anymore, since I work pretty much full time these days. But on the weekends....off I go!
    I went up to Heart Bar in the San Bernardino mountains last weekend. Actually, I go up there a lot during the warmer part of the year. It's like a second home to me (okay...really a first home, if I could only figure out how to be able to live up there!). So, I went up yesterday and did a little hundred mile ride on the the TE 450. Stopped in Fawnskin for a nice lunch and chatted with both tourists and a local about riding dirt bikes. I felt like a minor celebrity, as well as an ambassador for motorcycling in general.:rolleyes:
    I got back to the staging area around five in the afternoon, thoroughly worn out and happy.
    This morning, I went out to wash the bike and warm it up. Turns out that I was literally two throttle pulls away from a snapped cable! Guess I can be thankful. The cable lasted 10 years, and it didn't break in the middle of the ride. There also wasn't anything strange feeling about the operation of the throttle that would have caused any concern about its condition.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    gots_a_sol, ghte, shawbagga and 4 others like this.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    So very lucky with that throttle cable :applause: Beautiful scenery, looks like perfect DS riding.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Ahhh, great to have you back on Deck DD. Looks like prime riding country up in those hills. Loved my 06 450, never missed a beat and oodles of poke.
    You were very fortunate with the throttle. It could have been a real pain 20 clicks into the bush.
    Looking forward to your next installment.
    Cheers and Thank you
    Dirtdame likes this.