Still no Husky Factory Supported Race Team out west for 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Jan 11, 2012.

1. littled657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

To all my Husky friends at Café Husky, I have signed with another team for the 2012 season. I waited as long as I could, expecting some kind of offer from Husqvarna, which never came. On January 12th I signed with Purvine Racing. I really enjoyed my three years with Ty Davis and the Zip Ty racing crew. Ty worked hard to provide me with the best equipment. I will miss racing for him. Representing Husqvarna was truly a good experience. I’m confused about how it ended, but I rode my best and gave 100% to put Husqvarna on the podium. Husqvarna, ZipTy Racing, and I, won several championships together, so I leave with no regrets. See you at the races, Nick Burson
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Yea Nick!!! Purvines Racing is a well supported mount!! No sweat that's racing and that's why its called the silly season. You are still always invited to ride with our crew even if you ride a CRF or KXF!!! Glad you hooked up with a solid well supported team. See ya in east county!drop a line when you can. R
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bummer.
    Best of luck with your new ride.
    And thanks for putting Husky out front.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Great effort and great results! Good luck in the future on the new ride ...
    Husqvarna, you just lost a hard charger :(

And thanks for the info here ....
  5. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nick, hate to hear that for sure. Best of luck with the new team!
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Best of luck to you Nic and for a winning year.
    Husky sure messed this one up .

Just last night I was watching the latest Desert Hound Video by Brett Johnson in that video
    there is only 1 bike with the # 1 plate on it for BOTH DIST 37 and USDR it is YOUR BIKES
    both the 450 and 449 The thought of you showing up again in the desert with the # 1 plate on a Green bike should make HUSKY rethink how they really messed this one up.
    Once again congratulations on the new ride and best of luck
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well there you have it Husky fans another HUSKY racer has gone.Plus Nic was one of the winnest rider Husky has had in a long time Some of you over the time this thread
    has started have said Husky should promote the Dual Sport market.
    Well let me just note something the last few threads here on Cafe Husky that have to do about racing and the talk of Husky race teams have got the most action.Even the thread about making a Husky 165 is up to 12 pages. So it just goes to show, we all do not have to race to want to see it and talk about it.
    Just look how long the Darkar thread is and most of us will never go there or even ride on dirt like that
    but there are Husky in that race and we want to see them win.

If you just want to talk about Dual Sport then the biggest thread going over at Thumper Talk is about a Acerbis Auxiliary fuel tank . I guest that is something you would need if you want to ride your 449 any distance.There were 529 riders that did the Barstow to Vegas dual sport ride last month and not one word of it was talked about on this sight.
    Make that a come back RACE and things would sure light up the fan base
  8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky should sponsor a couple of good kids in the school boy class on the CR125 and get them to Loretta's. Give the kids and parents another bike to look at and consider.
    HuskyT likes this.
  9. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

^^^ well said, there is no starter bike for kids who's dad's ride husky. the 50's 65's and 125 are needed. and the schoolboy class makes too much since for it to happen... If you notice, none of the really expensive hard parts, like rads, coolers, exhausts are being listed on the zip-ty site.... hope it changes. I do know that ty got no help from europe on development issues with the new 449 and 511.... he did well for what he had to work with i think. if this was auto racing, he would have had a 511 9 months prior to the start of the season, to begin development of it.
    HuskyT likes this.
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I think you're right on about this Mike. The CR 125/150 is definitely a competitive machine. Under the right rider(s) you'd see them out front and probably dominating the Schoolboy class. This will be our 4th year racing regional MX on a Husky, 3 of them on a 125/150 and 1 year on a TC 250. We still get a lot of looks and questions from people about our bikes. When Cody is battling for a podium finish, the announcers will typically make a comment about the brand to the effect: "...Husky... now there's a bike you don't hear much about these days..."
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

In the
    In the European Series of Enduro (formerly WEC, now EWC) Husky offers 125's as well as significant help and offers to the Junior class world riders....(ofers if they aren't on a Husky). A teaspoon of honey gets more than a barrel of vinegar. One must always remeber the "bean-counters" of the world run our lives!
  12. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nic,it was a pleasure meeting you and seeing you on the course usually out front.best of luck to you this year and hope things will go full circle for you and husky.dan
  13. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sad to see this post, in the "Writing on the wall" thread. What is Husky thinking? Nick had more results out west, than anyone....

Nick Burson's Dad here, we haven't said much about Nick moving on to Kawasaki and tried to remain positive. A few things need to be said and these are said from a Dad who is very angry at the West coast office and the people responsible for the Husqvarna racing efforts. When Ty Davis could no longer offer a contract to Nick cause he couldn't come to terms with Husqvarna, Nicked called his contacts at Husqvarna and he was told they couldn't discuss anything with him till his contract was up on December 31, 2011. Nick began calling the same people January 2, 2012 and no one would return his call. If they weren't going to have a team Nick desevered better! At least sorry we aren't funding a team or some explanation. NOTHING! Today on the way home from USDR race at Gorman CA I found out Husqvarna still owes Nick money. He's called and email but no response. This just sucks a big corporation ripping off my son who did nothing but ride his best for them for three years. For being loyal and staying with Husqvarna for three years when rider after rider quit he gets treated like this. Sad day for Husqvarna!
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norman From what I have been told Nics Dad is being nice about what he printed .Nic did more for Husky then any other rider out here.He might not have been the fasest but he stuck with it year after year.Nic did every type of race from Desert,Endurocross,GPs,Motocross,Enduros,Even did the longest race in the USA over 500 miles Vegas to Reno.Nic also gave Husky its first #1 overall Desert plate in like 30 years Dist 37 Desert,won the USDA #1 plate for like 3 years in a row.Even won the enduro overall the day of the Husky National Sales meeting.Just look at any of the last few years of Husky Printed ads.
    Husky would print up all about Nic and the Zip Ty Racing team

But then lets take a look at where Husky is today at some of the Big West coast races this year

WORC Cory does 1 lap with out a contract on a 449 breaks but then in race #2 rides a Kaw
    National Hare and hound No Husky in the top 40
    Big 6 where I heard Husky wanted to have some type of present
    First race Unclassified 288 bikes 2 Husky one at 144 over all 1 at 164 overall
    Over 40 and over 50 class 152 bikes Husky at 12th,15th,36th,99th,112th overall At least old men ride Husky
    250 and open race 159 riders 1 husky at 89th and 1 at 126th

Now the big race of the Day the Semi Pro NO HUSKY ENTERED

So far for 2012 Husky has nothing to talk about out west home of the NEW COPORATE OFFICES
  16. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sounds like a bunch a knuckleheads are running things out west to me...(insert Charles Barkley voice for previous )
  17. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ya, somebody definatly dropped the damn ball...look at the thread bigwigs and realize your pissing off the people who buy your damn bikes. i can only imagine what nicks fathers blood pressure was doing...id been pissed too. bmw/husky yall better get your heads out of your asses.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  18. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Met Nick at the Vegas enduro cross final a couple of years ago..Let my 8 year old get on his bike and was very nice to both of us... Great guy and a class act..... Best of luck to him in his future endevors... I hope Corporate can pull their head out and make this right.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  19. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    Seen this.....

2/1/2012 3:26 AM ET
    (RTTNews) - BMW Group (BAMXY.PK: News,BAMXF.PK: News ,BMW.L: News ) announced that personnel changes will take place within Husqvarna Motorcycles as of February 1 2012. Maximilian Kalbfell will take over the responsibilities as Head of Marketing and Sales of Husqvarna Motorcycles. Kalbfell has been working with the BMW Group since 2003.
    Further, Massimiliano Mucchietto, predecessor of Maximilian Kalbfell, after two and a half years of working with Husqvarna Motorcycles will follow new challenges outside the BMW Group.
    BMW....BMW....BMW.... FREE breaking news email alerts for BMW and others in your portfolio
    by RTT Staff Writer
  20. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Massimiliano Mucchietto was a great guy. He and I hung out at the Toronto Bike Show a few years ago. I heard he has gone to run Yamaha Italy.