1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Stator issues 2008 te450

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Rocketzxr, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Rocketzxr Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ 250 DR 500 GS 850 ZZR 600 ZXR 750
    Help please. My stator came loose and crashed into my flywheel. I replaced the flywheel with a second hand one that looks brand new. The stator was rebuilt using bits similar in size and soldered back in and revarnished to give continuity. Each lead has 6 ohms resistance and there doesn't appear to be any leakage. I put it back in the bike and connected it all up. The bike started and ran for about a minute. I stopped it while I got my multimeter to see if it was putting charge back into the battery. Now it won't start again. I have no electrics. When you turn the key nothing happens. You don't hear the fuel pump prime and there is no spark. I checked all the fuses. No problem there. Can the stator have caused too much current to blow the reg/Rect? It really is only repaired to be the same as the original. Any ideas on what else it could be.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    You can't "make" to much current. The resistance of all the different circuits takes what they need. The regulator/rectify regulates the voltage to keep it under 14ish volts. If you changed your coils with more turns then you make more voltage thus you could fry your regulator cause it tries to dump excess voltage to ground (shorts out stator) causing high current to flow through it boom, the smoke comes out.

You should still have power even if your regulator is frayed since you say your fuses are good. You must have a problem with the battery connections/wires or you stator coils have shorted to ground and you are ground the battery out through the stator. Disconnect the stator and try and get your power back to the rest of the bike from the battery.

Your varnish statement is worrying. The wires that is used for coils is coated (red usually). This coating is an insulator. The varnish that is put on the whole coil is just protection. You can't just use bare wire and then dip it in a coating as the whole coil will be shorted out.