Starter Motor Runs On

Discussion in '610/630' started by CrankN, Aug 10, 2018.

1. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    My bike has been sitting for 18 months and have recently been giving it some love to get it back up and running.
    Have pulled the starter motor down and replaced brushes and also have replace the starter solinode as both had issues.
    With no fuel in the carb i hit the button and she turned over, but even when i took my finger off the button it kept turning over. Even after i turned my key to OFF it kept turning over until the battery went flat, with me running round trying to find a way to disconnect it.
    So now the battery is on the charger but i need to know what has happened to make it run on. What do you think?
  2. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    I would check the starter relay with a multimeter to see if it's jammed on.

I replaced mine (2014 TE300) with one on eBay similar to the picture below. It jammed on after only 1 day of use. The internals had burrs everywhere due to crap quality.

Replaced it with a genuine relay at 6x the price and no more problems. Look for the brand name JIDECO on the relay. Cheap ones don't have any branding.

Attached Files:

3. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    It is an aftermarket one...... :(

For some reason when the solenoid is triggered it won't 'untrigger'.
  4. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    Remove the thick cables on each side of the relay (battery positive lead and starter motor connectors) and check the resistance of the relay with a multimeter. Zero ohms means it's jammed and needs to be replaced.
    CrankN likes this.