1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Squealing Brembos?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firedog55, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Joewheelie Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE-350
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ450F
    I just bought a new FE-350 and the front brake started squeaking after three hours. I spoke to a few guys that claimed that the "Anti-Squeal" gels applied to the back of the pads where it makes contact to the piston solves the problem.
    I only have four hours on the bike.
    Apart from the squealing, the Brembos are awesome!
    I'll try the gel and update.
  2. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    Years ago a teacher in trade school said that brake squeal is usually pad movement against the caliper. Often happens after rotors have been turned and the cutter speed was too high causing fine lines in a thread like pattern. This causes the pads to slightly walk up the rotor then drop (like a needle at the end of a record) making the squeal. Class dismissed. Lol
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It seems to be somewhat common on KTMs. Your bike hasn't been hanging around any KTMs, has it?:rolleyes:
    268fords likes this.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That is true and to add to that before class is dismissed it is also true that except for asbestos the better braking friction materials are more prone to setting up the noise wear patterns. This is why some high end cars like Mercedes will make a brake squeal on the first few stops before the brakes are heated up and especially backing up since the pad wear changes direction. It is primarily an American concept that brakes should never make noise... If someone asks why their brakes squeak the simple answer is "The good ones will do that".
    Oldscool likes this.
  5. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I don't know about that completely, my Audi brakes are quiet and work VERY WELL
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Lol, they aren't guaranteed to squeak just more prone to.
  7. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    The early can am atv's had some strange brake noises and bombardier had optional pads that helped get rid of the noise - they were a softer compound that would wear out quicker but didn't seem to make any noise. Definitely something in the materials of different pads that make some prone to noise