Sportmans Cycles Sales - Las Vegas NV

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by DesertHusky, Aug 18, 2009.

1. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Must have missed out somewhere as I never heard them called that before. Is Morrad some sort of shorthand for Motorrad? If so I'd have thought Mo-rad would make more sense. :confused:
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I did what you advised. Found a typical Husqvarna dealership with an extremely hard working woman running the shop. Yes they had ktms too but I was impressed with the selection of Husqvarna bikes. The woman rides a WR300... I'm not sure what you are expecting them to do that they are not already doing. I invite you to visit many other dealerships and you will find their shop seems quite typical compared to others.

I told the woman that I own a internet site where someone was less than happy with their shop, as I expected they were confused - just like me. I'll be leaving Las Vegas in the morning and will stop by and give them a pile of Cafe Husky stickers.

If you have anything to add or change in your posts I'd advise you to do it before morning. I'd like to point out that having a good relationship with a local dealer, especially one the promotes the sport and is nationally recognized. And of course your only Husqvarna dealer at this time. As far as I can tell from your posts you are expecting way too much from the Husqvarna Corporation and their dealers.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4313
  3. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. DesertHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you for the responds. In regards to your post, If I'm paying roughly about $10,000.00 for the bike out the door or more if I add on some aftermarket accessories. This also includes dealer prep, sales tax, other misc charges, and monthly insurance (i.e. If the bike gets stolen or damage by fire). I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for good pre & post support. A lot of what I mention in my posts, most dealers do naturally as part of keep the customers coming back! Also keep in mind, there are large number of husqvarna dealerships in the country that have dealer support standards much higher then what I have mentioned in my past post! We all expect good service & support when we purchase a large ticket item?

At this point, I've completed my husky dealer research and I received a lot good responds publicly & privately from other riders in the area and out of state. As well as being contacted by a Sales Advisor from a large motorcycle dealership in the L.A area, that I met at a 4th of July party last month. He spoke to me and gave me a lot of inside tips & information regarding on how motorcycle dealerships operate, parts & repairs, how and when to negotiate a good deal, and what to look for when purchasing a new bike from a Local or out of state dealer.

So, thanks for the responds. As far as any of my past forum post, I find no need to make any changes, because there where no disrespect, bashing, fowl language, conflict, self promotion or promoting others to or from any forum members that responded to my question. Just honest opinions and view points. Everyone had some good feedback whether we agreed or not. Plus good dialog like this may help local and out of state dealerships get a good ideal about what customers think about the way they do business and how they can improve. Good customer feedback is always good for business!

I'll keep you posted. Thanks
  5. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    You called it Blip! BS
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You have attempted unsuccessfully to cast aspersions and doubts based on the personal feelings you have after visiting the shop. They have not done anything wrong - they did not sell you anything, refuse a warranty claim, treat you poorly - they did nothing at all wrong. If you made a passing comment that would be one thing but you started this thread specifically to bash a dealer that has done nothing wrong. I find that extremely low class.

This is Cafe Husky, not some random forum on the internet. The only rule is: This is a High-Class forum – post accordingly. Attitude, helpfulness, spelling, punctuation, all count.

I'm not sure what will happen to this thread at this point, but I will certainly continue to follow up on the issue.

I keep asking myself who you might really be and what your agenda is. I can only think of 1 person and I certainly hope it is not that person.

On a personal note - if you really are in the market for a bike I highly recommend you search for another brand besides Husqvarna. No product or company is perfect and while Husqvarna is a great company with great dealers and great products they are not perfect which is what you seem to want.
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is definitely some kind of agenda with this thread and the same one at TT.

I dont mean this as a slam, I just dont think that many (any?) shops will be able to satisfy you 100%.
  8. DesertHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you all for your responds. THERE IS NO AGENDA WHAT SO EVER! I recently move to the Las Vegas area. I'm in the process of purchasing a 2010 Husqvarna TXC 450 or 510. The purpose of my post was to get good honest opinions and feedback from other Husqvarna owners/riders as well as stating what I'm looking for in a dealer relationship on a local or regional level. The question was not meant to be taken this serious or give anyone a plug?

Information about myself. I'm a husky rider, I currently have a 2006 Husqvarna TC450. I have been riding since 1976. My first bike I bought was a 100cc Hodaka "Dirt Squirt"! I have owned (2) KX250, Yamaha XT 600, and a Honda Cr500. Below are the following areas I currently ride:

Southern Nevada:

- Apex
    - Jean
    - Goodsprings

Southern California:

Barstow/Victorville - Stoddard Wells/Slash-X

Lucerne Valley/Johnson Valley - Anderson & Soggy Dry Lake, and Cougar Butts.

Again, Thank you all for your responses. My information gathering is complete. No further opinions or comments needed on this subject.
  9. DesertHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, the Germans call it BMW Morrad for short. Its the motorcycle division of BMW. Google it!
  10. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Coffee, I'm in agreement with you... from the sound of things he wants to deal with the BMW dealer.

I think DesertHusky would be a great candidate for the BMW G450X.

This way he wouldn't have to wait for the BMW dealer to get approved and he'd be getting the kind of service he's been looking for.

JustSayen ;)
  11. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Might want to take another look at yer post "Sportmancyclelc". Looks like ya just quoted without commenting. I know, took me awhile to figure out how to post properly as well!
  12. sportmancyclelc Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey, everyone, this is Steve and Lisa from Sportsman Cycle in Las Vegas. Thanks to all of you that have responded in defense of this rather odd and confusing post. We would like to say that we know of NO customer that has been into our shop 12 times in 9 months asking about Huskys. Whomever this fellow might be he certainly likes to exagerate. Our feeling from what we read is that he is a "BMW" kind of customer. That is to say, more concerned about appearances and polish than function. We are a race shop and have been since 1968. We were also one of the 1st Husky dealers in the country. There are Many, Many titles through the years that came out of this shop, and it's a little confusing having someone claim that we aren't Husky enthusiasts.
    As has been mentioned here, the Folks are more responsible for promoting racing in the southwest than anyone I know. The parts manager, Lisa, is a former Pro mx champion and is in the AMA Hall of Fame (she also currently rides an 09 Husky 300...) I myself hold a 30+PRO #1 plate in Best in the Desert for the 09 season as well as a handfull of others. At last count, Daryl has 14 #1 Pro plates plus many Baja Championships, and we wont even mention Casey, who is Boss Dog of them all! Lots of those championships came on Huskys...
    We are a race shop and we won't apologize for that. If this guy came in and wanted to discuss the merits of various polishes and waxes, our attention may have wandered a bit.
    We are small and don't have much of a budget for advertising and such, but that doesn't mean we don't promote our product. Word of mouth and results are our means of getting the word out. Sorry if that's not good enough. We are glad to still be here in this crappy economy, there are many shops that aren't around anymore. That's great that the local BMW dealer is interested in selling Huskys, the more the better.
    Thanks, Dean for coming by and checking us out. That was pretty cool of you.
    While we are a KTM/Husky/Husaberg, we don't favor any one of them. These are all great bikes and between the various models and manufactures there is bound to be something for everyone.
    If anyone wants to demo a Husky in Las Vegas, call Lisa at 702-641-6401 and she'll make arrangements to meet up and let you try out the 300... or...?
    Trac-On Adventure Rides is sponsored by KTM, but before that Daryl used a Husky TE450 Demo. It was a tough bike and worked great!
    If you guys would like a Husky Demo Ride day, call or e-mail Scott Harden at Husky USA and let him know...
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    No need for explanation Steve and Lisa. We had this guy figured out. Dealerships like yours are exactly why Husky will succeed in the long run. Smaller, knowledgeable, staffed-by-riders, dedicated-to-their-customers, NO NONSENSE down to earth customer service.

My first Husky purchase experience reminded me of the day my Dad and I walked into a Hodaka/Suzuki shop in Sacremento, PA back in 1967 to buy Dad's Hodaka Ace 90. Total customer focus, no BS, and the realization that happy customers were the only way to survive.

It's all good! :thumbsup:
  14. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Steve & Lisa, again, thank you for being a TRUE bike shop for true racers and enthusiasts alike. I'm sorry you would have to defend your reputations in any way to the offroad community, but fear not. The voice of one is over shadowed by the voices of many. Here in AZ, you guys have the reputation within the circle I run with as being nothing less than TOP SHELF. Thanks for all you guys do, and we here wish you nothing but peace and prosperity! Lots of prosperity... Thanks again for all the fantastic service!
  15. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

See... I said they were good people!

BlipBlip! :D
  16. 5valves Husqvarna
    AA Class

:notworthy: i was thinking delete this post until this i smell a rat. Good job !:applause:
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Thank you Steve and Lisa! It was great to meet you. You now have the largest supply of the coveted Cafe Husky stickers! Hope they go to good use by giving them to some Husqvarna enthusiasts in your area. :thumbsup:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sportsman Cycles has come thru for me while racing BITD on my Husky in recent years.

They have had parts i needed day before the race.

They have kindly offered to carry my gas to remote pits.

They have a strong and long lived relationship with Husky, with the current Husky NA rep, with desert racing, touring, and more.

To in anyway slam this shop is 100% ignorance, or a simple case of trolling. They are now, and have been for many years one of the premeir desert focused shops in the southwest. All top desert racers know these guys.

If you are living the south Utah/south Nevada/north west Arizona area you simply have to get to know them, and it will be a positive expereince.

I now have a negative image of BMW of Las Vegas.