Speedo change Te to Sm

Discussion in '610/630' started by husky666, Jun 18, 2009.

1. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

Does anyone have a simple instruction on how to change the speedo on my 08 Te 610 to Sm?The manual doesn't tell you how and I found a thread on TT but it didn't work for me.:confused:
    Thanks
  2. tosaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Follow these instructions and remember that the passing light button is on the front of the left hand handlebar switch. Also, If I remember right the bike has to be running.

From xfool on TT...

1- With ignition off, hold down the MODE button.
    2- Turn the ignition on and continue to hold the MODE button down until WS appears in the lower right hand corner of the display. If you release the MODE button at this point you will jump to step 8.
    3- Continue to hold the MODE button and flash the passing light 5 times. Hitting the high beams 5 times also works but the passing light button is easier.
    4- Release the MODE button, "0001" appears. This is the setup for a SM with 18" wheels
    5- Hit the MODE button and "0002" appears. This is the setup for a TE with a 21" wheel.
    6- Select 0001 or 0002 then hold down the MODE button until WS appears in the lower right of the display. Release the MODE button.
    7- Press the MODE button to scroll through the settings for wheel size, tach pulses/engine rev, etc. If you hold the MODE button down the value entered for each setting will show up, but as far as I can tell there is no way to change them. Scroll through the settings. The last one is "max" and the next push of the MODE button will bump you out of the TE or SM mode selection part of the setup and put you at step 8.
  3. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    Yes, it has to be running on the 2008 in order for flash to pass to work. I usually zip tie the clutch lever since I don't have three hands: one for the start button, one holding the mode button and the other holding the clutch lever.

By the way, the 18" calibration that's in there for SM is pretty much 1mph (or less) slow when running 17's.
  4. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

Or put it in neutral. :D
  5. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    Well, should have clarified. Mine won't start in neutral without the clutch lever pulled.
    12NengPSG likes this.
  6. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

These were the instructions that I followed except for one thing,''The bike must be running".So when you turn the ignition on while holding the mode button you must start the bike and then flash the passing light 5 times.Now you see 0002 display so you release the mode button once and display reads 0001 for SM.I finally got it!:applause:
    Thanks for the tips,:cheers:
  7. Tiny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    05 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr250 xt500 dr400
    This sound easy enough will it work on o6 model 610
  8. rajobigguy Administrator

Yes.
  9. Tiny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    05 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr250 xt500 dr400
    thanks mate will give it a go allways wondered why my speedo was wrong now maybe i can fix it thanks again fellers
  10. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Good to know about the the whole "has to be running" part........... finally got it worked out.
  11. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm trying to do this on my te630 as i just put some sm wheels on it but i can't get the ws to appear. which page does the display need to be on when you turn the bike on? when it's on odometer and i hold the mode down i get the option to sitch between mph and km/h. when i do it with the clk showing i get the option to change the time.

do these instructions pertain to the 630 as well?
  12. Rallystanza Husqvarna
    A Class

Also interested to know how to do this for TE630 to give a more accurate reading when converting to SM wheels...?!
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I just got a new dash for my TE630 and it is very obviously set up for the SM wheels. I'm going to see if I can't get these instructions to work.
  14. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm back; it's not working on the 630. The only thing I am able to do is switch the display between km/h and mph.
  15. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

Did you start the bike?

On the 610 it's this procedure:
    0: place transmission in neutral.
    1: zip-tie the clutch lever down, or grow a third arm :)
    2: depress mode button, keep it depressed.
    3: turn on the ignition
    4: Start the engine
    5: WS will appear at some point, it's probably already there by the time you've got the engine running.
    6: press the "flash to pass" button 5 times
    7: now you can release the mode button.. if you released it any time between steps 2 and 6 try again from the top.
  16. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

You cant switch it back and forth on the 630s.
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Are you positive? The gauge I got as a replacement is the same part number as the original.
  18. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I tried that, doesn't work. I can sure try again, though.
  19. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have no idea about the 630, but on the 250/450/510 display, it is the same part number for TE and SM but you can not switch back and forth between the two. The first time you power it up it goes through its setup and you pick which config it will be. After that, it's locked in to either TE mode or SM mode. Some people have bought replacement displays, set them up wrong the first time because they didn't know any better, and were screwed. Hopefully that's not the case with your 630 display.
  20. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

JLK is correct. That was what I was getting at but was typing on an I-Phone at the time.