1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Spark Plugs, Caps, and coil connectins.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HUSKYnXJnWI, Aug 2, 2010.

1. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Ok just thought I'd share some spark plug/ cap info:
    I had the cr8b in the bike stock and it did fine- however seemed to collect more carbon over time- Admittedly, my bike was also running a bit rich- until I tuned it with Ibeat- in early June 10'. I used 2 CR8B over a 8 month period and then switched to the cr8eix. That ran cleaner longer. To run it you have to screw on a terminal nut which is not included- type of contact to the cap. These can be found in any hardware store- or you may have some lying around. The CreEix has worked great- much better based on my experience with the Cr8eb. I had purchased the CR8EIB-10 also. It comes with the correct permanent terminal - just like the Cr8b. It was reported to be slightly deeper than the Cr8b or Cr8eix. Good bad or no effect.
    I started having a spark jump to the cylinder from the cap near the center once in a while. I actually could see it in daylight. It was intermittent however. This indicates the cap developed a "carbon trail". SO I figured I'd explore new caps.

You can purchase the caps for removable terminal nut( or stud) and solid terminal nut spark plugs- Stock is “solid terminal nut” . For those that don’t know- the caps and the coil have screws that screw into the spark plug wires- its not magically connected just screwed in- and can be yanked out if not careful when removing the cap from the plug. For this you can cut ¼” off that end and re-screw in the wire to get a good connection again.

For Refferance:
    Thread I first heard about the CR8EIB-10

NGK Racing Spark Pulg Wires w/Cap

NGK Spark Plug Cap guide

So you can convert to use CR8EIX and run the correct cap with it without using the “removable terminal nut” by ordering a cap made for that such.
    Or you can replace the wire and cap and buy the “racing wire and cap” for either.

I bought the racing wire cap for the terminal nut or solid terminal- which works exactly and (although red in color) looks exactly the same as the stock cap. The wire however appears of better quality and made from silicone. The- which is for the terminal studs (threaded ends). I So I can switch to the caps and use CR8Eix and use this cap without worrying about those removable terminals loosening or anything.

I am currently running the CREIB-10 (RMZ450 plug) without issue with the NGK Racing Wire and cap part # CR3, stock #8089. I ran the bike 12miles yesterday in tight single track- no issues. That spark plug works fine in this bike and also works with the stock set up without any messing around. I will inspect to ensure the carbon is not building up on the threads if it actually even goes deep enough to expose threads to the inside of the cylinder. That could effect removal if left on for extended periods of time- not sure yet if that’s an issue. Also could potentially expose the tip to more heat- which in theory could keep the tip cleaner or melt the tip. But again very very small difference between the depth of the CREix and the CREIB-10.

If you want to stick with the CREIX- and need to change caps- I’d recommend the “NGK racing wire and cap” or NGK cap for that terminal. Which would be “Stock #CR3 Part# 8083” and/or “Part #SD05F Stock #8022” respectively.

Just thought I’d share a sudden compulsion of information on spark plugs and caps. IN reference to spark in general here’s what I did to ensure my coil was working properly-

Good Sparking:thumbsup:,
    B

EDIT NOTE**** DO not get the plastic caps (SD05F) the plastic caps don't fit into the spark plug cavity- stick with the Racing wire and caps.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I have found the iridium plugs to be fantastic performers. They last forever, the bike starts quicker in the cold and I am possitive (gut feel) that I get a tad more mpg.
  3. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    great post.. thanks for the info
  4. shawnalleman Husqvarna
    C Class

great info, thank you very much for taking the time to hook us "novice" guys up
  5. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I guess its been over a year- thought I'd report back and say that the CR8EIB-10 has worked perfect- I just took it out and it looks great- I have replaced it but only because I have a new one- I will keep the old one as a pack spare.

"CR8EIB-10" is an NGK Iridium Plug. It is OEM the RMZ450. Its plug and play with 08-10 larger motor Huskys. Just have to close the gap a little.
  6. S-1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010 + TC250R 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bella Italia all the way!
    hi there sounds like a solution for my 2010 450TE but have no idea what mods I am looking at, so any chance you can post some pix? thanks from a technical nitwit. merry xmas!
  7. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Click on the links- Otherwise it would be pictures of spark plugs and spark plug caps and wires.

At this point- I am still running the CREIB-10 (RMZ450 plug) without issue with the NGK Racing Wire and cap part # CR3, stock #8089. There is no mod- just replacing parts as they show wear.

NOTE: I cannot suggest the plastic NGK caps as I did earlier- someone told me they don't fit into the cylinder well- I have a few as spares but never confirmed that they fit. I have the bike stored for winter. Inplace of that- just as I did- I'd run use the NGK Racing Wire and Cap- (besides its red):thumbsup:
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I recently put CR8EIX plugs in our TE's. They feel better all around, but getting the stock cap off is a pita. Maybe I need to track down some of those red racing wires and caps.