Spark but no start

Discussion in '610/630' started by Flynn, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Yesterday a rare problem happened, the engine cut out whilst I was riding (luckily on a play area so no traffic) and the bike would not start anymore.

Since getting the bike recovered I have tested for a spark and thus far every time I have tested there has been a solid spark white coming through.

But the bike still won't start.

Here is a video if you don't believe me:

[IMG]

I have pulled the carb and checked it and half heartedly cleaned it since it was so clean anyway I knew it wasn't needed.

The recovery mechanic suggested it was the ignition coil but in January the ignition coil failed and I replaced it with a new one from Husqvarna so the coil is only 8 months and 1600 miles in.

So if I am getting a spark, fuel and air is it possible the ignition coil is still at fault but in another way? I am hoping the CDI isn't shot but then it wouldn't be sparking at all would it?

I have measured the resistance of the ignition coil like this
    [IMG]
    And without the cap
    [IMG]
    Are those readings nominal?

What could cause a no start with a spark? The comp is fine, it's getting air, fuel as the plug is wet when I pull it after starting attempts.
  2. John Tsoukalas Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duke 790
    My friend check your compression and that the spark is at the TDC the compression is the easiest one.. If you don't have enough compression could be a scorched valve or just closed valve clearence.
  3. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Figured out why. This was stuck to the pickup coil and throwing the spark timing off

DSCF0206.JPG

DSCF0207.JPG

Any idea what it could be a piece of? I was thinking guide blade but it's metal coated with plastic. As far as I am aware the guide blades are just plastic aren't they?
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am guessing it could have come from the flywheel.
  5. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Good find. That is unusual. Cam.