Source for Key Blanks?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kenneth Webb, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I'm having a devil of a time finding ignition key blanks. There is a part number, but my dealer sez that nothing is available. He's trying to contact the Husky rep. but no luck so far. Anyone have an idea of where to get blanks? I just have one key, and today I'll hit the Aprillia and Ducati dealers to see if they use a similar Zadi ignition switch.
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I got some from halls.
  3. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    For a 630? I think they use a different key than other Huskys. I ran into this same problem last week. Placed an order from dealer and was informed that p/n 800098063 for 630 key blank is not available and no superceded p/n listed either. I didn't research further as I was buying the blank for a third key copy so not critical. What I really want to find is a larger (taller) key blank so ignition is easier to turn when wearing winter gloves. I figured if I wait awhile the locksmiths will have generic blanks avaiulable and they always tend to be much larger anyway.

_
  4. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    When I got my TE630 in June 2011 I got 2 new keys cut straight away and haven't used the originals since. I just went to a good locksmith (Bensons at Alexandria, Sydney) who some car dealers use and recommend when their customers can't afford to pay the rip off prices for OEM keys (can easily be $400+ here in Oz).

They had the blanks on the rack and I was done in less than 10 minutes. The keys look fine and work as well as the originals. Can't remember the price, but not much. Their website is:
    http://www.bensonslocksmiths.com.au/
  5. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Went to my favorite key shop, in a part of town with lots of Vespas and Italian scooters, and the owner was outside chatting with another customer. He looked at the bike from 6 feet away, focused on the key slot on the side panel, and said "I can make that." He went inside and by the time I got my gloves off he had one made already! 'Got 2 for $6.50. So, it was no problem after all. No scooters in your town, there might be an issue.
  6. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

I had the same issue over the summer... None available from Husky. I ended up over at a local locksmith as well. She didn't have an issue making one, just cost an arm and a leg- $11!
  7. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Here is a readily available key blank for the 630. Any locksmith in the US can get it.
    Ilco X270 and also known as Ilco TMC1
    Not on any cross reference lists though.

I saw this listing on Ebay and key looked identical to ours. My locksmith ordered the blank on a gamble and sure enough fits/works perfect. Better than stock as key head is a little meatier so easier to grab and turn with gloves on.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/150744427388?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  8. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's handy info. I found the blanks at Reeds Key Shop over in the Montrose. Italian scooters use the same key. The one I got has a blue plastic tip that is taller than the stock key and easier to get my fingers on.