Solving TE570 Vibration, counterbalancer?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Mucci, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Mucci Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 TE570, '13 TE310R, '19 701 Svart
    Other Motorcycles:
    HM 1100 Evo SP, Zero FX, R65, R80
    I've been converting my TE570 to a street bike (SM 17's, dropped 9 teeth out back, etc) and took it on a long trip for the first time this past week. With the 40t sprocket the RPM's are at a comfortable range at 65mph, however the vibration is NOT. I had to keep shifting my weight between punishing my feet or ass. It's like riding a giant palm sander.

I'm wondering if any of the SM models have a counterbalancer that can be swapped into the TE570? I'm hoping I don't have to fabricate rubber motor mounts to resolve this... Anyone have any fixes?
  2. mg94 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610S
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    No way to install a counterbalance shaft, different engine designs. I'm sorry, but the 570 was never supposed to be ridden at 65 mph for any length of time, and the engine isn't happy to do that either. I guess you could try with rubber engine mounts, but I don't know how much that could help.
  3. Mucci Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 TE570, '13 TE310R, '19 701 Svart
    Other Motorcycles:
    HM 1100 Evo SP, Zero FX, R65, R80
    I have no idea if the piston has been swapped out. I'm going to be opening it up to do the rings and valve seals at least so if I can solve this internally now's the time.

How would they balance it? Don't you need a weight to counter the punch of the piston to do that? I have no experience in this realm...