So friend says he has some land...

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Aug 5, 2008.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you guys are all sick,,,a motorcycle all by itself makes the best trails ever,,,,single track snake like trails in and around those gnarley cliffs and wrapped around those nice trees. burn it in with a few passes or with a group of diciplined (stay on line) good riders.

any type of dozer thought is criminally insane,,,,,,,unless an mx track is being built.
    IMHO
    if a quad can fit the trail is ruined....enjoy the ride!!!
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We love single track but a MX track or MX like features will need to be built. i would like to see a long GP type loop with man made jumps throughout. That's my hope. Not my land, I'll do whatever the owner wants to do.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    cool that area looks killer, especially those canyon wall sections. I am sure some paths can be run up or down through some of the cliff gaps,,awesome stuff!!! best of luck K!!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm hoping some of the smaller ones can become drop off jumps onto downward sloping landings. ;)
  5. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Ditto Robert, although a little variety is alot of fun too. We have 8+ miles of super tight single track loop on 160 acres of woods and just recently we added just over 1 mile of GNCC style natural MX GP type rolling trail to it in the middle. Makes it nice as the single track varies from stupid tight to fairly smooth flowing as it's been cut into the hardwood covered GA hillsides over the past 7 years so the rythm constantly changes throughout the loop. Now with a skid steer section in the middle it totally mixes up the flow and is great for cross training and keeping it interesting. A couple years ago they cut in a whoops section and natural terrain single/double combo on top of a pee wee track and a dedicated rolling 60" wide 1 mile loop, now it's hard to get bored as there is always an option. It's nice to have that much land to work with though, it was a major undertaking to get a good trail system on just 160 acres but the tight woods were a good part of that challenge.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    some times I wish this great land of ours was smaller so we could more easily visit one another for some of these rides!!! and for the varied terrain.
  7. Chris M Husqvarna
    B Class

Why would you even want to dig up that area and put in a track, with all those hills & valleys to ride it seems like a shame. I would love to hit that area sometime, need any friends :)
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I rode with my new best friend today. He said there is 28,000 acres (yes you read that right) of land there, "on the ranch" WOW :eek:
  9. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP

So does he need a full time planner/designer/laborer? Nice area to relocate to.
  10. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I am sure you will get an invitation to come ride David, it would be a long drive for you though.

Only 20,000 is actually owned by the family... the other 8000 is lifetime grazing rights on BLM land. We would of course have to establish a few paths on that to check on the cattle...;)

I want to keep it all natural terrain for the time being. Never know what the future will bring though. :D

Later,
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jake...see you tomorrow morning. Do you want to meet for breakfast in Randle at 8:15AM?

David
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    How bout 7:30 at Spiffy's at the I-5 hwy 12 interchange?

Later,
  13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think that will work! Let me check with guys and I'll call you later today.

David