Snapshots From A Cool, Rainy Summer Day 06/23/21

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Summertime, and the local trails are pretty hot right now. I usually spend most of my riding time in the summer at the the San Bernardino mountains, but haven't really done a very good job of doing that so far, this year. And I especially love riding there when there's a chance that it might rain. I keep checking the weather report for the best opportunity for this. I didn't act on a forecast last week, and missed out, but the forecast predicted rain for Wednesday, so I had the Jeep loaded and ready to go on Tuesday night.
    The mountain and the weather didn't disappoint. I staged at my usual place at Heart Bar, and the temps were cool enough to wear a winter jersey. I don't think the temperature ever hit 70, and probably was around mid 60s for the most part. Absolutely delightful. I also had an Acerbis packable rain jacket with me, that I ended up using for most of the ride. It certainly saved the day when the skies opened up.
    Luckily, this storm didn't pack much lightning like most summer mountain storms do, so I never saw any lightning strikes on this ride. And that was just fine by me. I have seen way too many strikes on past rides, and uncomfortably close up, sometimes! Occasionally, when I stopped and cut the engine, I could hear muffled distant thunder. Rain was hit and miss, often just a light sprinkle, but once in a while the wind would whip up, and the sky would really let loose. There was a little hail from time to time too. So some spots on the route were dry, while others were quite nice, and some spots had some puddles. I didn't come across any other riders during the course of the day, but a few 4X4s were out. I ended up with 85 miles on the odometer, and a day that was hard to beat.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    mysery1 likes this.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    How do you like the helmet? How much if I might ask and where?
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I love Suomy helmets. Lightest on the market. I bought it off of Ebay on close out. I think it was 250 bucks or something like that.