Snapshots From 02/03/19

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    There's been lots of rain so far this year, and some cold weather too...at least for Southern California. On Christmas day, it was pouring rain and on New Years day, it was 29 degrees at the local high desert trail riding area. I am finally at that age that I don't care for those sorts of weather adventures. Freezing hands don't go well with arthritis. Neither does driving home in somewhat wet riding gear. I missed a couple of weekends of riding due to weather and also illness (when you you work every day with a large group of people, you tend to catch colds and flu more easily), so I was sorely missing a nice trail ride by last weekend, even though a few storm fronts dropped a lot of rain on the region. I was originally planning to go to a party....but as the weather began to clear up late in the morning on Sunday, my plans suddenly shifted and I found myself loading the 501 onto the jeep and heading for McCain valley instead. I was hoping that there would no rain out there, based on the weather forecast for that area...which is always a gamble. But luckily, the gamble paid off this time. Cloudy and about mid 40s, but no rain or wind...so very nice riding conditions for the day. And of course some hero dirt, a few patches of mud and some puddles to play in.:D
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    WoodsChick likes this.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Conditions look perfect!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Another cool ride DD. Glad your loving the 501-such a powerful beast.
    Rode the SWM 650 RS yesterday with some mates (bloody hot on the jeep trails). A new chum joined, a nice French/Australian on a 501. As an older guy pushing late 60's and not too tall he finds the 501 makes an excellent Duel Sport Bike. He has a 15 litre tank and can ride close to 300kms per tank full. He is thinking about getting a cush rear sprocket from New Zealand to reduce gear lash on the bitumen bits we have to transverse between trails. Might be a consideration for you bike-can prolong drive shaft spline life as well as gears and chains et al. Apparently you only replace the outer ring when the sprocket is worn which would be a savings.
    Anyhow enough rambling, glad you keep posting -many thanks.
    WoodsChick and Dirtdame like this.