SMS630 Whining noise when engine breaking

Discussion in '610/630' started by Dully, May 17, 2022.

1. Dully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not Yet ;)
    Hey all, got my bike running, re-opened the head and fixed my stupid mistake on the cams.

I now have a noise that occurs when I engine break it seems, does not happen when I hold the clutch in and apply breaks, which leads me to believe it isn't my chain tension or chain.

Its a fairly higher pitched whining noise. Bike runs fine otherwise, no issues that I can see anywhere else. Any thought?

Most recent changes aside from re-assembly is new battery, fuel, spark plug, coolant and oil change.

On a side note, my high beams are also stuck on, not as serious of a problem for me but if anyone knows why that would occur I'm all ears to fix it
  2. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can't help with the engine noise, sorry. On the stuck Hi-beam, might have somewhere too look. On my bike the handle bar switches eventually filled with dust and pretty much stopped working. I took the switch housings apart, didn't disassemble the switches but carefully sprayed the switches trying to get contact cleaner inside. I then wrapped the switches with a layer of electrical tape to seal them and then reassembled the housings. No problems for a few years now.