Sms 630 To Enduro?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Dully, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Dully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not Yet ;)
    Just purchased a sms630 used since it was the best option available to me. I need some info if anyone is familiar. Im fully aware it will most likely cost me money in the long run, but what would be the most necessary mods/changed to convert a supermoto 630 into a dirt worthy machine? Im not the most mechanically savvy but will learn what i need to get this bike where i want it.

Attached Files:

2. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

For the cheapest option a set of off-road tires on the stock rims and a feather light touch on the front brake. After that the next option is the 18/21 wheels with off-road tires and go from there. Totally dependent on what you want to do with the bike and what your wallet will allow. My 630 is a TE so no other experience with this. Good luck with the project.
  3. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250

From there problems arise if you want a TE style front brake.
    From my research a TE caliper requires a different type of caliper bracket to that on the SM and that caliper bracket is fixed onto the fork stanchion.
    The parts list does not list the caliper bracket separately meaning you will need a new fork stanchion + bracket component.
    Also not sure if the TE and SM fork stanchions are interchangeable within the same fork tube so a complete new TE fork tube may or may not be required.
    If this is the case then due to differences in SM / TE fork internals and front suspension travel etc, you will need to replace the other fork tube as well.
    In the end you will do a complete front end replacement: 21" wheel + new forks and brake caliper. Somewhat pricey but then you will have a switchable SM <-> TE setup
  4. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
    I have a complete conversion kit I may consider selling. It includes every single part to fully convert an SM to a TE in under 30 minutes. even the minut stuff that you wouldn't even realize you needed like speedo cable, axles, fork guards, etc, they are all different between the two.

PM me if your interested...

Capture.JPG
  5. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Not recommended, but I know of a SM610 owner who put 18/21" rims and wheels on his bike. The caliper did not fit (as HuskyBrutha pointed out) but with a bit of very selective grinding on the top of the caliper it did fit, and the bike completed a TAT! That said, the suspension was harsher for off-roading than a TE. If you can swing Ungarisch's set that is a good deal (is that for a 630?).