sms 630 cooling

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by pomuk, Mar 13, 2016.

1. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    anyone no of any after market cooling kits for the sms630 like the boyesen supercooler kit cant seem to find many after market parts for the 630's
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I would think that any water pump for the Red Head 450 or 510 would work, but don't quote me on that.
    And it doesn't look like Boyesen makes a kit for either of those bikes...

Are you having overheating issues? What kind of coolant do you run?
    The 630 should have plenty of cooling for whatever you're doing unless it's 120F with zero humidity and you're towing a trailer up a hill through the woods in first gear. My fan hardly comes on unless I'm sitting in traffic in 95+ weather.

The factory Alexon radiators do suck though, they cool well but are fragile and will eventually leak.
  3. pomuk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630 2011
    Chers for the info bikes not over heating i am losin bit of coolent out my resivour cap but seems to b a common issue thought better cooling system might help good to no systems all good standard new to the bike and loving it chers for letting me know bout standard rads will keep a eye on them
  4. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I haven't kept coolant in the overflow tank since the first few months, there's no way to keep it filled to the marked level.
    It's a terrible location and a terrible design, it will always leak out through the cap vent or evaporate.
    This has not caused any issues in 5 years and 15k miles, just check the level in the radiator every now and then.
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    The special parts Hi-Flo water pump for the other dohc bikes is the stock cooler on the 630's.
  6. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

you might want to consider larger tanks put on the bottom of your rads, double check your rad cap for pressure. also water wetter from redline or perhaps try some of the new coolants like Evans. the stock impeller on the 450 will shoot a stream about 20 feet out of the engine. the Hi flo impeller is a waste really. flow and speed are a bit of overkill..
  7. thays16 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna sms 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Drz400sm,wr450, yz250f
    Hey everyone. New member here. Looking at picking up a 2011 sms 630. Has 10,000 miles on it with nothing aftermarket done. No kind of valve inspections done. Being told it runs great fires right up. No issues at all. Just looking for some input because I know these bikes can be difficult to find parts for. Any info helps.