sm510 Conversion

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by motox415, Jul 31, 2008.

1. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

I am looking at buying a supermoto bike next year. What would be easier, buying a sm510 or converting a TE 510. I want to buy a second set of wheels to change back and forth from supermoto to dirt.

Dave
  2. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    If you plan on doing a fair amount of dirt, start with the TE, then your only an extra wheelset away.

Three Husky's in less than a year, I'd say you've caught the bug.:D
  3. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1

Start with the TE unless you are going to race it in SM trim. You'll be happier in the dirt.

The 510 is a barrel of monkeys on the street in SM mode. I really miss mine.

paul
  4. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

I guess I have caught the bug:D. Too bad my wife can't sympathize with me. Basically my intentions are to race supermoto and also a dual sport class on the dirt.

Thanks Dave
  5. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I thought the SM's were a goofy eyesore a year ago and must admit after seeing some of the conversions guys/gals have documented here and at TT I've entertained the thought of doing it...............maybe later after a few sets of knobbies. Never would have thought they could be driven so aggressively in corners just by changing tires. Pretty cool.
  6. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

You really owe it to yourself to give it a go sometime.

Dragging the pegs on a dirt bike is crazy fun stuff.

[IMG]

From last year playing at the cart track.

paul