SM/TE 630 CENTER STAND, DO THEY REALLY EXIST OR R THEY JUST A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION!!??

Discussion in '610/630' started by Huskymicky818, Dec 20, 2014.

?

Has YOUR kickstand broke on you, if so, was it BEFORE or AFTER warranty expired?

YES, BEFORE 2 vote(s) 6.7%
YES, AFTER 5 vote(s) 16.7%
It hasn't broken yet, but it is damaged and I haven't crashed! 3 vote(s) 10.0%
NO, My kickstand works just fine. 20 vote(s) 66.7%
  1. Huskymicky818 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04CRF450x2,01&03YZ250,87CR500x2
    Thanx for the info as I have looked into the Trail Star TS2 & am really leaning towards that since I'd be able to help out a fellow rider if they ever needed a stand as well!!
  2. Sizzler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600, SZR660, TLM260. DRZ250
    The Cigar Mikes (and, I assume the factory) center stand is at the balance point. If you hang your jacket on the rear rack, you can do the front end, on the handlebars if you want to work on the rear end.
  3. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    So what ever happened to the last center stand in existence? I would really like if I could buy or at least borrow it or if some one could send me some dimensions. Sure beats the whole trial and error thing...
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    I never got a response from Tonka... finally gave up

5. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

DSCF6360 (800x600).jpg DSCF6362 (800x600).jpg DSCF6365 (800x600).jpg DSCF6366 (800x600).jpg I have a Cigar Mike center stand and also a Ken Webb side stand mounted on my bike. If you need dimensions or photos I can do that. I grabbed these when in production as I figured they would eventually become unobtainium!
  6. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    I can't tell from the picture, is there a cross brace? 3/4" tubing?

I found a profile image for the bracket just trying to detail out the tubing size, length and spread

Thanks
  7. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    Thanks Kirby for the center stand photos. I will hopefully find some time this weekend to work on it
  8. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    Just heard from Cigar Mike on the ADV forum and he's going to share his plans for the 610/630 center stand. I'll share them here when he does.
    Huskymicky818 likes this.
  9. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Great news.I am one of the lucky ones that have his stand.Makes changing tyres ,checking oil etc a breeze.
  10. Huskymicky818 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04CRF450x2,01&03YZ250,87CR500x2
    That would be truly amazing if you did that I know it would definitely put my mind at ease wherever I park my bike from now on if I had a Center stand.
  11. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Yep, that would be good news!
  12. Coop610 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 Suzuki PE 175
    I have a Cigar Mike's (CM) center stand. It is nice but it does take some work to get it up on the stand. My F650 was super easy to get on the stand, The CM stand, not so much lol. I will say do NOT take the front wheel off while on the CM center stand unless you have the rear weighted. I found that out the hard way when my bike slid forward on to the forks while the CM folded back and ended up sitting on the fork legs and skid plate. That was interesting getting it back to height to put the wheel back on :) .
  13. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I checked in with Cigar Mike and he said he's been busy out having fun, but will try to post the drawing/dimensions some time next week.
  14. Scot Rans Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 Yamaha FJ-100
    Hi. I am new to the scene and just got a 2011 SM 630. would be great to have a center stand. I have read through most of the threads (I think). Has anybody had any luck with Cigar-Mike's plans? I may have to just settle with the trail-version from Enduro Star. Thanks
  15. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Hmmm...yeah, two months ago?

I don't really care about having one but for some I can see that it would make sense for them. I like having one on the bigger bikes - like my Tiger 800.

Steve's enduro-star stand is my go-to. :applause:
  16. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I tried...........

He did tell me that it was one of the easiest he came up with. He figured out the dimensions from the illustrations in the parts catalog.
  17. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Now that SWM is making the RS650R off the TE630 mould if you will, maybe a center stand will become available from them? Looks like they're using the same side stand, and the frame still has the lugs for the center stand. Worth a shot to check, but no dealer network in America yet.
  18. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I'm not handy enough to pull off making one myself, that's for sure...so dunno why I'm really posting this.

Seems to me the real feat (for someone who already has the fabrication skills) is getting all of the angles right- the right bends, angles and clearances (around the swingarm, etc.) To that end perhaps fabbing a model from coat hanger wire or even something fairly easy to bend/tweak- such as copper tubing- may help in fleshing it out. Once that's done the rest should be pretty easy (well, again for someone with the welding skills.)
  19. Kickaha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Jumping on the thread although it is a bit old now. I put 10'000km on the 630 during a 5-week ride in Russia last summer and really wished I had a decent side stand and center stand. With a full 25l Safari tank and luggage. I was lucky enough not to break the OEM side stand, but I am not sure I will hold the next ride.
    My husky dealer confirmed to me that the center stand was never made for the 630 (although there is a part #).
    If anyone has a plan for a second hand Kenneth side stand and/or a center stand (Cigar Mike, SWM) other, I would be grateful to hear about it.