Side stand screw

Discussion in '610/630' started by roamine, Dec 4, 2020.

1. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hi all,
    On my te630, the side stand moved a lot laterally, by unmounting the system I have found out the screw is not the original, to thin in diameter so the gap lead to this play...
    I bought the offical one but seems to short :thinking:. Do I have to force the nut part into the first hole? thx
    side stand.PNG IMG_20201203_181638.jpg IMG_20201203_181621.jpg
  2. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Mine is different, it has an allen head and sits recessed in the hole. Spring hanger is welded to frame above stand mount. The parts drawing don't match mine either.
  3. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I have searched a lot mais impossible to find one screw different from this one too short ! same screw (too short as well) on SWM parts.
  4. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    If the new bolt does the job you can clean up threads and apply some thread locker such as locktite 262. This will lock bolt and negate need for lockwasher. 262 is higher strength than 242.
  5. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Not sure to understand. My "official" bolt is too short so i cannot screw a washer+nut on the other side, see pictures. Locktite 262 is like a glue and no need of nut?
  6. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Yes I meant to say locknut. Locktite will hold the bolt secure without locknut but can be removed with a bit of effort.
  7. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Ok Got It ! perfect idea