sick '08 husky sm610, power drop..?

Discussion in '610/630' started by kingbooz, Apr 24, 2009.

1. kingbooz Husqvarna
    A Class

sprinting to class today on an '08 610 (fuel injected, stock but gutted exhaust, stock air filter, DIY resistor mod), and my power drops drastically. it went from torque monster to a little peppier than a scooter. pulled over about 5 seconds after it happened, throttled it, and it died. the tank was almost empty, so i rode gently to the nearest station and filled it up.

fire it up again, and it's really soft. still reading the normal rpms, just no thunder from within. i put my hand over the exhaust, and it's slow coming out. seems like low compression.

i'm going to strip it down tonight after dinner, pull the exhaust apart and make sure nothing broke loose, double-check the resistor/lambda sensor, clean the air filter and oil filter (needs it anyway). i've never worked on an engine, but i figured i could pull the case apart and see if anything looks obvious. the valves need to be checked, but i've been putting it off until graduation next week.

any advice, thoughts, suggestions on what to look for?

i'm worried, no one likes it when their baby is sick :excuseme:
  2. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    Mine had very similar symptoms when the stock varta battery died on me. If it's very low on juice the EFI will suffer. If you still have that in there I'd check it. Mine ran the same way until the voltage was so low it began to cut out and die. My battery exploded so all this happened within a few miles for me, so the symptoms could vary. As you describe it was like a scooter for a few miles.