1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Service Manual,...Torque Specs?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rusty 2, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Got my new WR300 in and trying to get it prepped for the spring. The owner's manual is sketchy and minimal at best. It doesn't even give the torque specs for the axle nuts!
    Anyone know where I can get a good service manual for it?

I'm having a rough time finding anything for it. Thank God for Motosportz,...I ordered one of his skidplates for a WR250,...but how 'bout a shark fin rear disc guard?, frame side guards?, a pipe guard?, ect.... I'm starting to feel like I bought a 1948 Buggati!

Why the heck doesn't Husky have an accessories line like the KTM Hard Equipment Catalog?
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    P3

Click the link above and contact them about the stuff you're looking for. He's supposed to be working on CF parts for your bike now.
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks Motorhead,...looks good for a pipeguard at least.
  4. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Motosportz also has the disk guards, for frame guards I got mine from Ad tek products in the UK, I would recommend ordering over the phone, as I waited a couple months for mine and when I called they had received the money, but no record of ordering online, after the call they arrived within a week.

I'll check my service manual for torque specs, I would suspect they are the same as the 125/250.
  5. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

I've got a PM in to Kelly about the disc guard. The pic on the site shows it on the right side,...and of course my disc is on the left. Also the text says that it's for "the small caliper with no mounting lugs". My caliper carrier has two mounting lugs. Would it have killed 'em to just stick a cheapo shark fin on there, being as how they provided the lugs for it?

One good thing came of this already,...while inspecting things back there I found the rear disc was so loose you can rattle it!

Thanks for the tip on Ad Tek,...I'll look into that.

Please,...where did you get your service manual?
    This thing is starting to frustrate me. It runs like a scalded cat,...but if I can't maintain it and service it,...or find anything for it,...I'll end up not riding it much, and it'll be hard to justify keeping it.
  6. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The rattling disc is normal( it's a floating disc design).

You should be able to contact Hall's Cycles for the service manual CD, they might not have one for the 300, but one for the 250 will suffice, not much different other than gearing, bore, pipe.
  7. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Wow, thanks for the heads up save on the disc! I've never had one like that before. I'd probably have broken a bolt trying to tighten it.

I'll call Hall's,...I hear a lot of good stuff about them.

One (actually two) other things,...do these bikes have an o-ring chain stock? And is there enough chain on them to swap out the stock 48T rear with a 50T for tight eastern woods riding?

Thanks again.
  8. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Usually a Regina O-ring or a DID OR stock. Not sure on the gearing/ cahin length, those with 250s who have experimented should be able to tell you.

I would just buy a backup chain several links longer and steal a few to make it work...there shouldn't be any clearance issues as I believe the 250 comes with a 50 tooth.
  9. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Okay,...thanks.

There is 3/8" of thread showing on my chain adjuster bolts, and the rear edge of the chain adjuster blocks are on the 5th mark in from the back. The chain is loose enough to push it up flat against the bottom of the chain slider from the swingarm pivot almost all the way back to the bolt in the back that bolts the slider to the underside of the swingarm.
  10. tree dodger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Motosportz does not sell a rear disc guard for the 250/300. Most bolt on guards will work. All you have to do is drill new mounting holes in the guard to match the mounting tabs on the brake carrier. On my 04 250, I used a Fastway guard for a Honda and it worked fine. On my 07 I didn't install one, and after 50 plus rides my disc is fine.