Selling my '06 SM610

Discussion in '610/630' started by Flynn, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Hi guys, I'm gonna sell my '06 SM610.

I need a one bike solution, something that can do both road and off road and the SM610 is too compromised for off road and from what I've read knobblies aren't a straight fit like they were on my '01.

I like having two different pairs of wheels and swapping between them, I don't want knobbly 17s.

I have a KTM 690 Enduro ear marked, but I can't get over how ugly the KTMs are.

The transformer like styling and orange and black with a little bit of white (at least on the ones in my price range) doesn't appeal to me at all.

I had my eye on this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTM-690-E...090749?hash=item2cc4ba163d:g:QREAAOSw10dZlB09

If I do get the KTM it won't be a bike that I glance back at like my new shape 610.

This bike is like a miniature Ducati Hypermotard, it's so damn sexy!I wish they sold more TE610s in England, if they were available like the SM610 I would have had one as my long term bike.

I have thought about an SWM 500 but they are only brand new at the moment so you could get a used 690 which has much better engine tech than a new SWM.

I've been offered £1600 part ex for my SM610, I'm gonna try selling it privately for a coupla weeks and if it doesn't sell chop it in for the KTM and pay the rest on finance.

If I could have two bikes it would be the SM610 as my street SM and a lightweight 2 smoke for enduro, but I can't, yet.

I'll definitely miss my SM610 though, I've put a bit of effort getting it looking just right, I'll put the for sale pics up when I've got the bike all prepped, hopefully next week.
  2. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well so far I've had 1 offer of £1700 and 1 offer of £2000.

It is already the cheapest SM on eBay at £2300, which is 100-200 under the cheapest KTMs, how much are these things really worth!?
  3. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well it's sold, got £1900 for it in the end, gonna go orange, new Huskies are too expensive for me at the moment, so I won't be on the forum anymore.