1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Seat pan differences

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by smrmx14, Feb 13, 2019.

1. smrmx14 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr450
    Other Motorcycles:
    lots
    What is the difference between the silver seat pan and the black seat pan. I have several frames but no seats.
  2. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics
    In 1977 Husky used seat pans that were painted black. They continued using the black seat pan in 78 on the 125's and the OR's and WR's. The black seat pans usually are very rusted. They also used a different seat foam compared to the later and earlier silver zinc plated seat pans.

Hopefully this helps. What years of Huskys are you referring to?

Marty
  3. smrmx14 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr450
    Other Motorcycles:
    lots
    I have a ml frame that has a cr360 engine in it . It looked like the I have a silver pan but the seat brakets don't look long enough to put the bolts through the frame. I didn't know if the brackets were the same or if you can swap out a black pan seat for a silver seat.
  4. smrmx14 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr450
    Other Motorcycles:
    lots
    1975 to 1978 frames I believe.
  5. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Maybe you have a seat pan from a 74 or earlier Husky. Generally speaking all the 75-78 GP framed Huskys the seats will interchange.

Can you post any pictures of the seat you have?
  6. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    1968 - 1974 250cc and larger used the same seat pan that had the front bolt located one inch from the front, and the pan was zinc plated (silver). The ML frames spanning 1975 - 1979 250cc and larger used a longer seat pan with the front bolt located somewhere around 6 to 8 inches from the front of the pan, they were zinc plated as well.

Hope this helps.
  7. smrmx14 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr450
    Other Motorcycles:
    lots
    I found out the rear frame has been bent. I didn't catch this during the build . It is already been Powdercoated and is 75 percent finished. I guess it is make new brackets or try to bend the rear hoop back down.
  8. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That is a bummer, I feel your pain! I have plenty of good 75-78 ML series frames available.

Marty