Seat for '14 TE511

Discussion in 'Seat Concepts' started by TomGlander, Mar 20, 2014.

1. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    New here. Just got 2014 TE 511. Not sure how much it differs from 2012 or '13. But anyway, I've ordered the Seat Concepts seat. Expecting it to arrive maybe today. I will post pics of the installation. I've removed the old cover, down to the foam. Will remove the foam after the new cover and foam arrive. Then will install.

After telephoning and talking to the guys at Seat Concepts, sounds like a good product. Many others have said they really like theirs, so I'm hoping for the same. Will let you know on this thread, and post photos as well.

Also, anyone knows if the TE 511 are pretty much the same from 2012 to 2014, it would be nice to know.
  2. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    The seat arrived today. Packaged very nicely. Everything was in perfect condition. I removed the staples from the old cover, removed the cover and removed the foam. Then sprayed on some 3M spray glue at each end and in the middle. Then applied the new foam. The new cover went on real easy. I stapled at each end, then stretched the cover down the sides, and stapled. After all staples were in, I used an ice pick to punch a hole through the cover where the lock bolt goes through. It was very easy to do. Glad I had the pneumatic stapler. Made the job very easy and fast.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Photos of the seat. Sorry, the pics I tried to post above didn't work, or moderator is holding, or something. Here's a new attempt:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. mendo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 530 EXC-R
    Nice! I love my seat concepts seat.
    [IMG]
  5. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    There are very well done. I'm going to check with them and see if they have one level softer foam. Otherwise, perfect setup. Way better than stock.
  6. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Those look great and comfy too
  7. mtbdoc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki Bandit
    The foam on these is a bit too firm for my taste, but it is better than stock.
  8. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

They have a softer foam in stock. You just have to ask for it. If you want, they'll sell you the foam alone, it'll run $100 I think. That's what they told me. I decided the "medium" foam was ok, that a hundred bucks could be better spent on something else. My butt got used to the medium foam anyway. It does tend to "break in" after a few hundred miles of riding. But yes, it's much better than stock no matter what density you get.
  9. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I want that cover, but would like the stock size foam. I am a small dude and find the stock seat fit me well....then I lowered it and messed it all up, so wondering if they could sell me a stock style foam shaved down 15mm or so with the cover? Do they do that kind of stuff?
  10. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Best thing to do is call them and talk to them. They'll answer all your questions.
    Motosportz likes this.
  11. David C. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Honda Grom
    Hi, new to the forum. About to get a 2011 SMS 630. Way too tall for me so looking for seat lowering options. I can talk to Seat Concepts, but do you or anyone else know of options? I don't want to play around with the suspension, I think...
  12. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

Welcome to the forum David. The SC padding doesn't actually raise the height of the bike, so it would be a good option no matter what. As for lowering things, the only way to do that is to mod the suspension. Or maybe go in for one of those surgeries where they add a couple of inches to your legs to make you taller. :D:eek:

Really though, these are tall bikes. I don't have any good solutions. Remove the seat entirely and the bike will still be too tall. Smaller diameter wheels? I did that with my supermoto setup, but it's still a tall bike.
  13. David C. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Honda Grom
    Thanks for your reply. I talked to SC today - very nice, but no solutions. I actually thought I would pop the seat off and see if this beast is still too tall for me. It just seems like the bike I want, but alas, maybe it's not meant to be. My last Husky was a WR390...in '82!
  14. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Oh, that's a long time ago. Bikes were a lot closer to the ground then, weren't they? Or maybe I'm thinking of the '78 model year with upright shocks on each side of the rear tire. Does anyone remember such things? The best we could do was go crazy and lay them down, getting a couple more inches of travel. Good luck with your quest. The taller bike may not be in your future. Or maybe it will....
  15. David C. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Honda Grom
    Hey Tom. I checked out the SMS630 today and loved it. I actually fit it quite well, or it me? I bought it! Now the fun begins. Do you know where on this forum I can find preferred service providers? I'm in Northern California, near SF. I saw that one of the admins on this site is in the Oakland area, but forget her name. I think she lowered her bike...
  16. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

Maybe these? http://www.cafehusky.com/pages/chsponsors/

Not sure about any admins. Glad you enjoy the bike and that you two fit. :applause:
  17. David C. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Honda Grom
    Thanks a lot. I'll keep you posted. Gonna start buying some stuff, and research tires...yipee!
  18. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    of course we remember such things, we are on this forum! but if you sat on some of these 80s huskies, they were damn big too! unless you got the wr with an inch lower suspension front and back..80 and earlier husky were a lil smaller but some of the cr models still had some height. that used to be one of huskies draws, those swedes were tall and they made bikes for people that were a tad taller.