1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Seat Concepts Race model std height, anyone?

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Sep 22, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    https://seatconcepts.com/collection...7-te-fe-tx-fx-oem-race2-0?variant=39426358988

I have resisted for years and have stuck with the OEM setups some with added covers, like my OEM one I have now with the Thrill Seekers Collection seat cover. But age is creeping and I have been more in saddle lately exercising my sit down game....and my back is feeling it. So by recommendation of at least one of my multi time ISDE friends I'm looking at the seat concepts brand. I'm thinking to just get a complete seat.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Rob, I can tell you that they make great stuff. The seat on my 449 was as comfy as an upholstered 2x4. I went for the kit with foam and the cover. It's been on there about 7 years and the foam has held up very well. The cover is also durable and has kept it's shape nicely.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    looks like my dealer ordered the comfort saddle......after asking around I knew that sounded like the old fat guy seat.......I have corrected him to order the 2.0 Race saddle in BLU with YEL no slip strips.
  4. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I have seat concepts seats on all my bikes. Especially my Betas as they make a whole seat with a custom seat pan that allow thicker foam without raising the seat height. I really like the strips, or pleats. They help hold me in place when trying to keep my weight forward
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    well...First I will own up to my mistake Fup...I ordered the STD height Race 2.0. it not much better if any different from the OEM std seat in my opinion, just a little more rounded. Well I ordered the entire seat assy and for the price sorry its way over priced at close to 300 bucks....
    so I just ordered an entire Husky parts tall seat for about 120. So the back story, the seat came in with one of their logos sewn on upside down, which really I dont care about.
    But because I screwed the pooch and and should have ordered a tall version, I leveraged them to send out a new cover with the extra material for the tall foam. I asked if they would swap out foams for a tall or at least credit something to me. I rode the bike for one ride. no more than an hour or 2. They denied that request confirming the foam was now used, Oh well and they charge almost 200 bucks for a foam....so I technically got this thing sideways by not thinking enough but anyway my own personal opinion is that these highly rated seats are waaay overpriced unless you ride old guy style and get the big fatass wide comfort seat like all my crew have on their 1090s.
    All that said if anyone wants a std height seat concept seat for under the best retail price let me know, it has 2 trail rides on it.
    Also the tall cover they are sending me will be for sale too so I can recoup a couple bucks.
    I will take my Tall Husky parts seat and have my mang Austin at TSC cover it and maybe they can even set the pattern to match the new SC cover so the shape can take. So I should have stuck to my initial thought and stayed OEM....
    But wait there is one other option....dissassemble the SC seat find a flat piece of foam that can fit under the SC foam with the new cover....and voila 1 in higher with SC upper section foam and tall seat cover.
  6. buttstock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 GasGas 300XC, 2002 Rokon
    Still for sale and how much?
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will get to that after an assessment with m seat guy/upholster guy.
  8. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I don't know if they have a seat for Husky but I imagine orange and white seats are the same. Enduro engineering has the best seat foam I've ever tried. It's much denser and elastic than stock or even SC foam. I also like the rounded profile. It lets me transition to leaned over without a hard ridge on my ass. I have SC seats for long dualsport rides where I sit alot but I prefer the EE foam for strictly dirt biking
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Darkside which foam compound do like from EE? seems the Al has different hardnesses. BTW I rode on my 100 buck OEM tall seat on sunday, and I like it. I still feel that extra inch of losing leg in the very ugly stuff, the overall is probably best for my old carcass
  10. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I like the soft foam. It's a really dense rubbery foam rubber. good stuff. I took a used orange bike foam and tried to match it to my beta, but I butchered it up. Couldn't get it to mate with the seat pan well
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    for all of you asking about the sale of the seat concepts seat, I think I will sell it but I just have way too much stuff going on running up to the Tecate enduro which is my yearly haj to mecca.......