1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Seat 71 Enduro

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by danlboon76, May 24, 2018.

1. danlboon76 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1971 Enduro 360C
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Can anyone say for certain that there is a difference between the Cross and Enduro 360 seat in 1971? I purchased a seat cover for a 68-74 model but it turned out to not be wide enough, nor did the stitching match up. I don’t want to bad mouth any company so did I just get a bad cover maybe? Thoughts?
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    look at a parts fiche
  3. Krudd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    89A 510TE, 89B 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '81 Yamaha XT500
  4. danlboon76 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1971 Enduro 360C
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Man that is very helpful, thank you for link.
  5. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
    Part numbers for the Cross and Enduro are the same. Is the foam original or new?

Give the company you purchased the seat cover from a chance to make it right. If not - do definitely share the name. It will help out all of us in the vintage Husky community the inconvenience of going through the same situation of purchasing a substandard part that doesn't fit or work as intended.
  6. danlboon76 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1971 Enduro 360C
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Unfortunately I’m guilty of buying the seat cover two years ago then having to shelve the project due to life’s curveballs without opening up the cover at the time. That’s on me I feel, but should the company still decide to work with me on it I will definitely pass that on. It’s a bit difficult getting a bike together when it’s been in a box disassembled since the early 90’s and the only model like it I’ve seen is in a museum in Sweden. 8A2BB82A-4B8A-41A1-80E2-6E683FA40327.jpeg
    Steve-F, ajcmbrown, gaz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    68 - 73 seat foam is shorter than a 74 so theres no such thing as a 68 - 74 seat cover. Seat foam and cover length increased about an inch in late 73 early 74 depending on the model. All the pans are the same, all foam widths are the same. I think the foam height increased about a 1/2 inch over the years but it hasn't been a concern with restorers.

The Vintage Husky web page for seat components is a good reference. It shows what seats came with what years. http://vintagehusky.com/parts2.htm

In my experience seat covers will stretch as much as an inch with a little heat and foam can be trimmed to any dimension with a sharp (non-serrated) kitchen knife.
  8. danlboon76 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1971 Enduro 360C
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Thanks Crash. I ended up purchasing from another supplier with much better results. Of course I far exceeded the time allowed on the return policy for the other one. Oh well, lesson learned.
  9. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    If nothing else you could sell it to someone needing a seat cover for a 1974 model. Seeing it is a 68-74 seat, it likely only truly fits the 1974.