sand setup

Discussion in 'Europe' started by damonmx, Sep 27, 2013.

1. damonmx Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 250
    ive entered Weston beach race on my wr 250 2009 with it being wet sand im looking for the best set up for the forks and shock,
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Hard sx like suspension...... pirelli 410 tires. the rear is like paddle tire but with knob rows for FIM legal use. wet or not all those bikes will dig it up like farm tractor and will make it like loose sand dune riding, it will be loose and soft. (Ive seen the viddys of this race)
    Hard suspension, no wallow, stay on the gas, and ride it like you are on a jet ski, pirelli 410s will keep you on power with traction not to dig ditches but keep you moving forward. Stand stay back and let the front wheel dance across the grooves..... looks like an epic endeavor, be safe, have fun, and of course finish.
    Also I'm sure there are many others with real Weston experience to consult with, my observations come from 3 guys I know personally that raced the (sandy beach) supermarecross nationals in Italy, 2 were Pro champs, all three are(were) stupid good sand riders, 2 went on to and were regulars in the jetski world championships.

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/motorcycle/sheet/scorpion_mx_soft_410.html
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    water+sand the absolute worst combo for your bike....salt water.....+ sand...
  5. damonmx Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 250
    thank you for your reply, been to watch it many times and said to my self this is the year sand tire it is then, thanks.