San Diego area riding.

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by jerbear610, Jul 31, 2014.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I'm planning on being in the San Diego area (La Jolla) this weekend and am considering bringing
    the 511 with me. I would only probably have one day (Mon.) that I could break away to ride so
    I'm wondering where's the cool riding spots that aren't too far of a drive from La Jolla. Too far
    would be anymore more than a two hour drive. Is Palamar Mnt good ? or Bear Mnt ?
    ray_ray and robertaccio like this.
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Hmmm....Dirt Dame and Robertaccio have the digs on all the trails in the San Dawg area.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    trail ride or more tame DS ride loop, sounds like you are looking for a more tame DS loop. Post up on San Diego Adventure riders that you are visiting and looking for a good local loop for Mon. Lots of SDAR group ride on Mon
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Depends on whether you want dirt or a DS route. For DS, Palomar has some fire roads, Nate Harrison Grade, and you can access the Palomar grade to Highpoint truck trail from near Warner Springs. The Laguna mountains has DeerPark road, Fred Canyon and Thing Valley truck trails. For offroading with singletrack and some technical, there's Corral Canyon OVH area near Campo, and Lark Canyon OHV area near Boulevard.
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    DD I am starting a quick thread on SDAR as well for Jerbear. There may be someone who is up for a tour/loop on Mon. (maybe even you) RN
    TemecuCoastie and Dirtdame like this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I suggested a route over on SDAR. Maybe some people will want to join in. I don't have any plans for that day, so would be up for some riding.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I see that Bikeslut posted up to offer a tour of Corral Canyon OHV area on the forum. Offer still stands for dualsport ride to Julian and back, weather pending. Looks like the thunderstorms are going to carry through Monday.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dude You picked a great weekend-mon to ride here we just had solid rain all over the county all day on Sat........these are epic mid summer socal riding conditions (im still off the bike dang it)
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  9. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Yeah, I wish I was off the clock-I'd be riding for sure!
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I rode today. Gnarly weather, and got soaked through and through.:D:banana:

I'm guessing that the plan to ride has either been made with somebody, or has been cancelled?
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey, thanks for all the input. Robertaccio, thanks for starting a topic on SD Dualsport forum for me. You're right about the timing.
    Perfect conditions yesterday. I did a lot of sight seeing yesterday and did a short ride at Pine Valley. Also drove up Laguna Mnt rd all the
    way to Anza Borrego. There's some really nice views along that road. I stopped at a turnout to take some pics and saw a really nice
    looking single-track trail that I was very tempted to unload bike and ride but I have a feeling it's probably a hiking trail.
    While I was stopped enjoying the view a group of BMW sports cars came flying by. There must have been 100 or more tricked out sports
    cars in groups of like 10 or so.. Probably a rally or an internet forum get together or something.
    There's a reason why they say San Diego is the finest city in America. Beautiful city. I'll post some pics when I get home. I'm going to
    go for a little ride around La Jolla in a few and we're going to do a little shopping later. My laptop is about out of juice and I forgot my charger
    so gotta run. Jerry
    robertaccio and TemecuCoastie like this.
  12. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Got up yesterday morning, walked out to the backyard and stared longingly at the T-Mec Hills. Man, what an epic day it could've been....if I were not on the wrist list. :banghead:
    Dirtdame likes this.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Jerry glad you made it out!!
  14. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I love going down to San Diego. My Dad grew up there so I've been going there for vacations since I was a kid. Didn't really have time to do any serious riding but I did check out
    Pine Valley.
    [IMG]
    I only rode for a couple hours and when I got back to the truck there was only one other truck still there. As I'm changing back into my shorts the owner of the other truck rolls in on a quad. Talked to him for quite a while,
    totally cool dude. He informed me about the parking pass you're supposed to have to park there. I guess I should have been more observant as there's a sign that clearly states that. I got lucky. Just as I was loading my bike
    up a Ranger pulled up and parked. I waved at them and finished getting my bike loaded up, said goodbye to my new friend and drove off giving them another wave and they waved back and it was all good. Dodged a bullet there.
    Not sure what the fines are and luckily won't find out.
    I also drove up Laguna Mnt road up through the Cleveland Forest.
    [IMG]
    Looks like there has been some pretty bad fires there.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Saw some very nice looking single-track way up there.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

There must have been some kind of trick car rally going on as I watched probably 100 or so sports cars go flying by. Mostly BMW's.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Saw a Coyote.
    [IMG]

Beautiful sunset.
    [IMG]

Trippin' around town on the 511.
    [IMG]

"Joe" Our Yellow Lab
    [IMG]