Sahara Sands New Jersey

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Jersey Woods, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    This is one of my favorite Hare Scrambles that I rides. I am really looking forward to riding this event this year. These guys at the Pine Barons Enduro Riders put on a great event in my opinion. I'm wondering how many of my fellow AMA and ECEA members plan on riding this event on October 6, 2013 ? If there any members that plan on riding this event please chime in.I'm looking forward to seeing as many Huskys in the woods as I can.

( On a side note) I have hiked a lot and had my ass on my mountain bike for hundreds of miles in the last month or so. I have also worked tirelessly in my home gym to ride this event.
  2. DrinkBeer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Would love to hear how you do! Good luck! I have to ask one of the guys I ride with if he is going, but he is on a pumpkin.
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  3. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I rode my pumpkin in this event a few times. I'm looking forward to riding my Husky in the nasty grass and stump section. I know it will just fly through that stuff.
  4. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just spent the day trimming and burning in FRESH trail for this event! You're going to have a great time. I will be working the event on Saturday with the SJER crew, and racing on Sunday. It's going to rock.
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  5. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

Thanks for the update. This event always rocks for me. I'm glad it's in October because I rode in August and it was very hot and humid. I'm riding C Senior so I can go out for a great ride and enjoy myself. My brother will be riding the main event with a few of his real fast friends. He's pumped for this too.
  6. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    I'll be there w my wr 300.
  7. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Im 50/50 on doing it. I missed yesterday's race and I dont know if I'll make Rocket raceway. I was hoping to stay in the top ten in my class this year but my work and kids' schedule doesnt work out so well with races lately.
    Whats the terrain like? If its a sand pit, im out.
  8. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    What classes are you ladds in?
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    When I rode it last, it had a mix of real fast woods, some whoops, a grass track section with stumps, Sand, MX and mud for good measure. These guys do a fantastic job and it's worth the trip in my book. I rode it one year in the pouring rain and still had more fun the a person should be allowed to have. They had some great places for spectators to catch some great aspects of the race. One year they had this really cool hill section that was muddy as hell and I'm sure the fans were having a great time watching us navigate that section.

I can ride the main event but as I said I'm gonna ride C Senior so I can just enjoy a fast paced ride and not get in the A riders way on my third lap. Those guys are just FAST and beyond how this 53 year old can ride. :cheers:
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I watched a vid from last year on youtube. Gonna try to make it out.
    Anyone doing Rocket this weekend?
  11. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    I'm doing rocket.
  12. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hope to do Rocket. Not 100% sure, though. If so, I'll be in B Vet on my KX hybrid bike. Is Rocket better on a knobby or a trials tire?

I'll be riding B Vet in the Main event. I also hope to ride my 1983 KDX 250 in the C event in either the Vintage class (if they run one) or in the Sportsman class.
  13. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not gonna make Rocket ive decided to just go out for a ride that day with some friends. I think Im gonna do Sahara and Ormond Farms and maybe Blue Diamond. Whats your ECEA number for B Vet?
  14. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looks like a good bit of fast trail and some light mx stuff at Rocket. Id be hesitant to ride a trials tire there.
  15. franky bonez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hon CR 250 - Yam RD350 - HD Softail
    Is this event any good for spectators? I won't be participating, but might be interested in going down to see what its all about.
  16. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is a pretty good spectator event. There is a hill (Spectator Hill) overlooking the start and the small MX section. Lots to see from there. Come check it out.
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  17. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the skinny on Rocket. If I go, I'll put on the knobby.
    My HS number is 944. What's yours? I'll look for you at Sahara and Ormond. I won't be at DE this year.
  18. CCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 WR250 11 WR250
    I will be at Rocket - BSSR I was going to keep the trials tire on until the south Jersey runs. Seems to do well on everything but sand and grass track?
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    299 in B Vet. I'll look out for ya at Ormond.
  20. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I like a good knobby. Trials would be nice for muddy rocks but i feel fine sticking with one type of tire. I ran a Vee Rubber GNCC front a few weeks ago and hated it. Glad to have an M59 on the front. The rear GNCC is not holding up at all and it doesnt blow me away. Im going back to a Pirelli I think.