1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Rim pins

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Husq.fleet, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Getting ready to put a rear 18" wheel on my 82-500 project. Wheel came off of a 84-WR500 that I have parted. I noticed when I went to take the tire off of the rim it didn't have any locks, 500 without locks? Soon found out why- rim pins like my drag car had to keep tire from spinning on wheel. This is the first time I have ever seen them, just a 1984 up 500 thing? my 83-500XC has locks. This bike appears to had been a desert veteran, big HP tank, fat front tire, airbox mods. Asch pipe, tool pouches. If it only could tell a story. Thoughts? Thanks Scott
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Aren't there three holes in the rim two for rim locks and one for the tube? Some of those rims do have those pins nine per side?

Fran
  3. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Fran, It does have the three holes plus the pins, holes are sealed off. Just got done changing the front tire and it has the pins also, first for me. Scott
  4. mr stainless Husqvarna
    A Class

mine had the pins on the rims ,1984 ae 500 . took mine out and used rim locks .
  5. HuskyT Moderator

With pins and two locks that tire will not go anywhere..

A lot of desert bikes just use one lock because fixing a flat is a lot tougher with two rim locks in place... I'm planning on racing MX with mine... I have two rim locks and pins...

T