Ride at my place in norcal... Feb 8th 2014 & March 8th 2014

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Coffee, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    • What: Ride at the my place. Ride, have fun, plan trails, create trails, etc.
    • When: February 8th 2014, March 8th 2014, and possibly another date before summer.
    • Who: please post up and let us know. :)
    • Why: have fun! :thumbsup:
    • Where: About 1/2 hour from Napa CA, or about 1/2 hour from Winters CA, or about a 1/2 hour from Vacaville CA. Exact directions will be sent to those who can make it.
    • WARNING: Although much effort has been expended, there is still ample amounts of poison oak at this location... if that makes a difference to you. Though it can be easily avoided with some care.
    About the place:
    • This area is absolutely *epic* for dual sporting & road bikes
    • It is not really that large... 100 acres? But it does have adequate elevation changes to make it interesting... and if there was 1 word to describe this place it would be 'loam'.
    • There are not really many trails per se yet... you get to pick where to put them.
    • Because of the above mentioned poison oak, it may be more practical to wear old clothes which can be washed instead of riding clothes, at least that is what I do occasionally.
    Other details will be worked out depending on how many and who wants to come.
    [IMG]
    jerbear610, WoodsChick and ray_ray like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Dont think I can swing the first date, to close but would like to make one of these and see your property. Cool of you. Is there places to stay there or near by or what are you expecting for that?
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    K100RS needs a road trip. March might work....
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

little big for the trails but will be fun to watch.
    troy deck likes this.
  5. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    I will see if I can swing both dates. I'm only a half hour away. Bummed I missed it last year and haven't got a chance to hook up with you. I have spotted you twice on your TR but we were going opposite ways.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sounds like a fun event again. Unfortunately I will have to miss it again. :(
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    :-)

199, 299, 96, 3, 139, 36, 101 ..... look like real good trails to me :-)
    Coffee and WoodsChick like this.
  8. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I am about 2 hours away, not sure my te511 would survive that long with stock gearing :\
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm tooooo far away for this event. :(
  10. Used Piston Husqvarna
    AA Class

All I have is a non plated wr144 would it be Okay?
    ray_ray likes this.
  11. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Talked to the wife and I got my permission slip filled out.
  12. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    I'm in for both. I may bring the 511 along too for some DS'n (really cool street riding along Lake Berryessa) also could be an extra for someone who doesn't have a bike to ride. That property
    has got potential for a nice enduro loop but there is poison oak abound. I miraculously came away unscaved both times I was there and I'm very poison oak prone. It's a nice hilly piece of land with
    Hawks or Buzzards flying around everywhere and cool views.
    ray_ray and WoodsChick like this.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Feel free to suggest dates that would work for you and others that are far away - and perhaps you could gain some momentum, and others may want to come.
    There are a lot of places to camp on this property, and if needed you could stay in the spare bedroom in this house... or I could camp and you could have the whole house (2 bedrooms), depending on weather. It's all good. And of course there are hotels etc in Napa and other nearby towns.

In addition there is a lot to do in this area as I've mentioned before, including some great riding on a huge chunk of BLM land not too far away (Stonyford is about 100 miles away). Stonyford is one of the reasons I originally bought the "moto-mule", to carry gear/gas behind my TE250.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sounds good, I will get back with you.
    We have waged war on the poison oak, there is much much less of it now - although that still means there is still a lot of it that still exists.
    Not sure what you mean, this place is private property so all the traditional rules really do not apply per se, but yes you would need to somehow get here.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    For those who do not know this location, similar to much of California, has been in the middle of an epic drought - but recently we have been getting rain...

As of only a few days ago, it appeared that most of the rain would have arrived on Sunday Feb 9th the day after the first ride date - however that has changed in a major way. Recently we got a bit of rain spread out over a few days, last night we doubled that, and between now and Saturday we are expecting to get a *lot* of rain. So it is probably not be the best weekend for riding at this place since much of it should not be ridden on when it is really wet.

But if anyone still wants to come please feel free, I'm sure we will be outside working on improving the place. Take a tour of the place, have some lunch, etc. There are a couple of dirtbikes here in addition to my TR650 (which will probably remain in the garage).

I'll contact the people in this thread which has expressed an interest in coming, at least for this Saturday.
    ray_ray likes this.
  16. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Not to mention a bunch of bike tearing the ever living hell out of your backyard while its wet :)

Side note, I am in for the next one if its not raining. Bike is almost fully sorted out!
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It is really wet here, I hope everyone is having a good day. One thing is for sure, the dozer is not going to move for months...
  18. bent70 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 te310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 cr250
    You have a dozer too!!!
    Is this off 128? I'm fairly familier with berryessa as my family used to have a place at Spanish flat resort, till the govrment reclaimed the land and ruined the place. My friend has property access in Knoxville ohv and I have been working that allot this last year. Knarly tight trails and some hard hill climbs.
    What kind of trails are you looking at making?
  19. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Still on for march 8th? If so ill take a day off. Also might have a friend with his ktm come out too.
  20. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hope, for their sake, that it doesn't stop raining in NorCal until June!!
    Those reservoirs need a whole lotta water.
    jerbear610 likes this.