1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Repairing swingarm bearings on TE250-2008

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by turbo100, Jan 6, 2017.

1. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello all,
    I am trying to get ner lite in to my old TE250-2008 and now I am on the swing arm.
    I bought the: 7-8153.A SWINGARM BEARING KIT Husq ALLBALLS 28-1199 Husqvarna kit.

I have two questions for you that perhaps you can help me with, how deep should the bearings be pressed in to the swing?
    Also the kit seems to come with seals that are not on the sketch in the manual, where do the go?
    There where none when i teared id down..

Hope you can help!
    Regards Stefan
  2. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello guys - no one that can help me with the swing arm questions? - Im really lost..
    As what I can see in below pictures there are no seals in the swing arm bearings.
    The outer bearing (No.11 outside), shoud there not be a seal?
    Are there any sealings in the frame mount for the swing?
    Thanks from cold Sweden

[IMG]
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    #56 is your seal. You push the bearings in about 5mm from both ends the seal sits in the outer 5mm and the metal thrust washer sits well presses into the inner side.
    Make sure that both the top hat sleeve and washer go in from the inside otherwise the swingarm won't fit into your frame.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    N.B. That's actually a washer for your nut but that's where I would stick the seals inbetween the outter bearing and the frame.
    The all balls kits cover a few models so each may be different and not require all parts in the kit.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  5. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for input!
    I will await the kit and I will use whatever parts that I took out from the swing arm then.
    I trust that previous owner made it right and I stick to the drawing :)
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    They tend to only go together one way.
    But anything is possible.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Seals are in the bearings on one side n no other seal on outside. Odd but how it is. Think they will only go in so far, sort of position emselves
    juicypips likes this.
  8. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Really? The older wr's have a seal on outside but not in the middle, no seal on the outside is asking for issues.
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Dunno jus did 165 the other day swingarm bearings were near on rooted from rust but managed to free em up after a while n make em salvageable. Jammed em full of grease. Get bearing kit wen susp cums out for a service.:)
    All bearings including lower shock(n bush) looked to be the same as 300 bar one swingarm bush is shorter n different bushes in 165 for linkage. No outer seal on 165 jus relies on bearing seal like 300-stupid IMHO!
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I meant between the 2 bearings there are 2 seals(one sided) so jus gotta put em in right way-seals to outside. A seperate seal from the bearing seal b better. The bearing seals on those little roller bearings look like they'd do 3/5 of fuck all
    juicypips likes this.
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Turbo100 if they cum with unsealed bearings then that mite be y they put seals in too. If ya can fit em in if use em!
  12. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello and thanks for support.

This is the repair kit I have ordered.

https://www.catalyst-findit.co.uk/i...16c273aae&vat=ex&dest=prod&p=50&pid=17-8153.A

Based on the scetch above i will clearly get 2 seals i dont know where to fit.
    The kit upports:
    Husqvarna CR125 09-13, SM450 10, SM450R 08-09, SM510 10, SM510R 08-09, SM530R 09, TC250 08-13, TC450 08-10, TC510 08-09, TE250 08-13, TE310 09-13, TE450 08-10, TE510 09-10, TXC250 08-13, TXC310 12-13, TXC450 08-10, TXC510 08-10, WR125 09-13

Perhaps any other model than the TE-250 2008 that I have requires the additional 2 seals and I just throw them away.. ??
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have an 07 TE450, and it has no seals whatsoever. The kit I ordered didn't have seals either, just the four bearings, two short bushings and two long bushings. If the seals in your kit will fit, I suggest that you use them on the outside edges of the outer bearings, nearest the frame. Otherwise, don't worry about it.
    shawbagga likes this.
  14. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks - good input!
    Any comments on how deep into the swing I shall press the bearings?
  15. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    On all the Italian swingarms I've done, the seals are inside the bearing and must be facing outward when you install. Or they'll be trashed in short order.

It's been a while since I did this, but I think I did it as follows:
    -Insert inner bearing into swingwarm ensuring the internal oring is facing out
    -use collar (#2) to press the inner bearing into position. Leave collar
    -insert outer bearing (with oring facing out) into the outer orifice and press deep enough to clear for swingarm install
    -Install the doohickey (#53) from the inside and you're done.

Repeat for other side. Easy peasy
    Borntoride71 and shawbagga like this.
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Hate to tell ya mate but that's the wrong kit I think. Yours being an 08 should hav 2 bushes the same n no seals(if it's same as 300 which I assume the swingarm n frame is). That kit will fit newer framed xlite/125/450/510(09-10) bikes. I jus scored a swingarm kit for my bike from all balls-I'll send a photo thru.

As for install PC on it. I jus pressed inner bearing in far enough that it would seat against collar(which will push it in if req wen u tighten swingarm bolt) then the outer with similar depth inside swingarm. Think was around 2mm deep. Can't remember if the bearings butted up against each other but I don't think they did-had a channel between that I jus filled with grease. Seals must face out on in n outside of both sides of swingarm. I used an oring inside the side that goes against frame(sitting in recess) to help seal better n keep shit out
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    image.jpg
    Jus went out shed n snapped a pic. This is all balls for 300(says 250/450/510 up to 07 but I thought it would include 08 as new frame came out 09? also says 125/360 back to mid 90s!). Odd it does cum with 2 spare seals n 4 collars instead of 2. Don't think ud fit all 4 swingarm would bind or jus not fit. Also the bushes are same length unlike newer bikes. I'd hav thought this the kit u need but maybe swingarm changed in 08 from 07. All balls are bandits for gettin wrong model years tho!

Snagged it for $50au posted! Last one they had I think clearing stock:)

Ps bearings are all rubber sealed one side
    juicypips likes this.
  18. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello,
    I think the new frame came 2008, On my I have different size on the bushings just like the manual says.
    I hav ordered it now and will post you pictures on the mounting :)
    Wish me luck!

@PC
    the seals are inside the bearing - Is it these sealings you are referring to?
    [IMG]

I guess so and the I understand, yet confused why All Balls kit have extra seals external to the bearings.
    If I am going to use those extras I will fit them between the outside of swing and frame mounts I think.

Again thanks all!
    juicypips and shawbagga like this.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yep th the seals n yes that's where to put the extra seals if possible. R they your current bearings? If so they look ok, hell of a lot better than mine did the other day that I greased up to fight another day!:)
  20. turbo100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes - my bearings.
    The grease was really smelly and unclean so I thought I replace it all.
    Since the weather is crap here in sweden these days I might just as well stay in the garage :)
    I was actually also surprised when I saw them as everyting else has been worn down..