Reno Ride 200

Discussion in 'Racing' started by naga, Sep 4, 2008.

1. naga Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250. TXC450
    Coffee, if this is in the wrong place, please move it and yell at me...

-----------

It's on!

After much last minute wrangling with the Forest Service and some private property issues we FINALLY have FS approval!

The Reno Ride 200 is a go for October 4th and 5th! Running out of Boomtown - about 160 miles on Saturday, return for the world renowned (well, part of the world at least) banquet and raffle, then running 80+ miles on Sunday. Street legal, spark arrested, licensed bikes only, please.

Some street (minimal), some FS roads, lots of jeep track, some single track, lots of views. Idea is to wear you out on Saturday, feed you until you burst Saturday night and give away over $2000 worth of cool stuff at the raffle, then work the food back off on Sunday.

Big tanks will be needed - I've done Saturday on the stock tank, but I had a gallon of gas in bottles on my back, and I was on fumes at the fuel stop. Any size Husqy should be fine - but I would leave the supermoto wheels at home - this IS Nevada, we have rocks.

Entry includes roll charts, maps, GPS tracks, event t-shirt, banquet and raffle ticket.

Camping and room rates at Boomtown.

http://dustdevilsmc.com/rr200/

Hope to see more Husqys than pumpkins for once :D
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Huh?

Put up whatever you want in the main forum... if it fits better somewhere else I might move it later - usually I ask if it is ok to move it. Or if someone wants to start up a thread in other sections as appropriate that's ok too... I'd appreciate NBA basketball type discussions would be in the Cafe Diner instead of the Vintage Bikes sections though but if that happens I can move it.

I'm trying to make this site as friendly as possible.

EDIT - October 4th & 5th at "Boom Town" which is just west of Reno NV a few miles.
  3. naga Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250. TXC450
    And you are succeeding!

I wasn't sure that posting info about club rides that I'm involved in counted as news or not so I put it here. I keep forgetting that people can't see my $#@( - eating grin when I type....
  4. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

The Reno 200 is a kick butt fun time...great lay out with a mix of forest(yes trees and all) and desert...PLUS a great dinner on Saturday with what can only be described as a gear give away bonanza raffle.

Had a blast in 2006..sad to see it canceled in 2007..we will try to make it in 2008.