1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

rekluse exp for husqvarna 250/310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bhima, Aug 17, 2012.

1. bhima Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310. 05 510. 04 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM R30 644. BETA REV 3
    thinking of purchasing a second hand rekluse exp for husqvarna 250/310.
    it feels a bit like cheating.!
    any pros or cons?
    after my big 12h race next weekend my mission will be the 'slow wheelie'
    will the clutch help or hinder this?
    how is engine braking?
    do you keep the clutch lever?
    thanks
  2. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    Big minus in my book is that you can't jump start the bike. Lately for me that would have been a big issue.
  3. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    I ride with a few guys who have them and they sometimes make it up hills that I can't seem to conquer and (not tooting my own horn) I'm a better rider than they are. So I guess there are definite plusses to having one. I've thought many times about getting a Rekluse but I guess I'm old school and will stick to the clutch. Maybe just need to work more on my climbing technique.
  4. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

plus - allows left hand rear brake
    minus - a little less wheelie control
    plus - clutches usually last longer
    minus - the x-lite clutch can squeal a little with the exp
    plus - predicatable race starts
    minus - can't bump start or sit on a hill in gear with engine off
    plus - on balance most people are faster with rekluse and left hand rear brake
    minus - you have to change your style a little
    Indorider likes this.
  5. dratharr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    I haven't had one on the Husky, but I have owned two different styles on two different bikes. I had the pro on a CRF250X it worked flawlessly except the clutch lever feel is greatly diminished. The clutch gets harder the more you rev the engine, but it locked up well and worked really well. I had a rev lock on my KTM300, it worked well on that bike because it took a lot of the hit off of that bike, but with out it on I would have a hard time riding that bike on the pipe much, just too much power for my skill level. If you lugged it much it got the bike really hot, sometimes boiling over on the uphills, it seemed to slip too much for me even on the hardest settings. I would love to try one of the EXP's on my Husky but I have to save for a while, I am spending all my money on the fueling issues presently, and will be tackling the starter after I get the fueling sorted out.
  6. Allan Briscoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R 2013 FE250 2019
    Other Motorcycles:
    DT250D Yz125K IT 250 J
    I have one on my 310 and love it no more stalls on the tight stuff and I know it is my clutch control that needed to improve but at my age I just want to ride and have fun and the rekluse has worked for me I do some tight creek riding and it is good for getting up the steep banks and even better when you have to turn half way up. Best investment I have put on the bike. I am just fine tuning now anyone got any ideas on the different springs? I am running the standard setup three red three silver. But you get three more red and three more silver in the box so you can swap them around. I also have not had any squeal issues the updated kit came with orings to address this I think.
  7. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Turns my TC250 which is a mx bike into extreme enduro capable bike.
  8. bhima Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM R30 644. BETA REV 3
    minus - 'a little less wheelie control'
    why ? what happens?
  9. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I wasn't sure about that comment either, the exp core plus whatever works pretty much like a regular clutch.
  10. bhima Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM R30 644. BETA REV 3
    maybe something to do with engine breaking while at the balance point??????????
  11. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you use the clutch lever for a rear brake (like me) then you can't fan the clutch to loft the front - on the other hand if you are just showing off then the left hand rear brake makes riding wheelies much easier (all the street stunters use a left hand rear brake).
  12. rlight Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Ducati 1098S
    I have one on my 2010 TE 250. Squeals a bit before the clutch engages fully, but no noise after that. No engine braking on steep downhills was not a fun surprise the first time, but you can fan the front brake and raise the revs a bit to get some engine braking back, but not as good as before I installed the EXP. Overall, I love it and I'm not going back to standard.
  13. R-Man Husqvarna
    B Class

Have one on a TE250 which is now a 300 and would not trade it for anything. Makes me twice as good a rider as I should be, and engine braking is still great. Also have the left hand rear-brake control and love it also.