1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Rear brake pedal replacement

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Joe Schmoez, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Joe Schmoez Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    Hi everyone,
    I recently acquired a 2013 te511, and the darn rear brake pedal seems to be really high. I've tried to adjust the rear brake linkage and adjustment the slack adjuster but the lever is still slightly higher than the peg still.

I'm assuming the rear brake pedal is bent so I started looking for a new one but can't find a replacement other than 100 dollar OEM. Is there any ktm, or other husky model that will fit this bike?

Maybe something like:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Pedal...ash=item28327c9bf1:g:IxUAAOSwAuNW4xWu&vxp=mtr
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400

I think OEM is it now. there used to be aftermarket but I am not so sure nowadays.

however, make sure that you understand that pedal height adjustment is done by setting the eccentric aluminum pedal stop. simply loosen, rotate in the direction that you need and re-tighten. the linkage then may need to be adjusted to the correct contact point.

good luck.

ps- you will be able to edit (and delete) your old posts when you become a full-fledged member. post on the "moderator approval" thread in the office forum IIRC to catch the eye of one of our moderators (there is only two of 'em at the moment)
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    If it's the same pedal as same year 125/250/310s then a few aftermarket on ebay. AS3 etc
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    nope. and they are problematic; I think they get caught or hung-up on obstacles maybe because the tip is more exposed. I dunno.

my son just replaced his (with OEM) but it wasn't that long ago that there was an aftermarket pedal available.

also, to the OP- rig up a brake snake when you get a new one.
  5. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's a pretty good solution you had there (gluing a larger diameter steel pipe to outside of the stock aluminum eccentric. I also like these solutions from the same thread:

this one uses a larger diameter piece of aluminum stock:

[IMG]

this guy used an aluminum brazing rod and put a lobe on the existing adjuster:

[IMG]
  7. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Two things here.
    1/ it's the eccentric stop that sets the pedal height.
    The round stop with the offset hole can be rotated after loosening off the Allen bolt and locked at the height of your choosing. You then set up the free play via the link adjustment nuts. (You must always have a small amount of play before the rod pushes on the piston)

2/ There's no aftermarket brake pedal available for these bikes. They are very strong, and can usually be straightened if needed.
    You can fit the earlier 250/310/510 pedal, however they are shorter, and the tip is much closer to the footpeg.
    If you have long feet, it may not suit.
  8. Joe Schmoez Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511

Thanks for the information. I've adjusted the rod (1 in the pic) so low that it touches the top metal of the brake pedal (2 in the pic). Even with that adjustment the pedal tip still points up from the peg. I've adjusted the round metal object (3 in the pick) as far as I can but if I do any more the rod will be pushing on the brake. I thought of shaving down the rod so I can adjust it more but parts seem to be difficult to come by for these bikes. I would hate to modify it and then realized I messed up somehow. The pic below is not from my bike. My clevis (The part the rod screws into) seems much shorter. You think the person I bought this bike from used a different rod or brake pedal? Mine doesn't have the Husky 'H' as in the pic below. Perhaps he bought a higher aftermarket one or something?
    pedalImg.JPG
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    (take pics of your setup)
    • adjust the pedal (first) to where you want it. that picture shows the eccentric midway on the pedal (IOW, pedal in higher position). and lower or remove the rod if you have to, to get the pedal where you want it.
    • now adjust the rod so it contacts the piston, but does not push it in too far.
    • done
    Betcha your brake pedal & clevis are stock- but pictures will tell the story. don't shave anything yet until we figure out what is what. Something is going on here- 'cause this ain't rocket surgery.
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    on 'mo: the rod is (usually) tapered on the end, and fits into a conical depression on the back side of the piston. If the rod is not fully into this "hole", your adjustment may be off.
  11. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Joe, the pedal in the pic is not for your bike so do not worry about yours not having that writing.
  12. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I'd suggest that you have a bent pedal.
    The photo is of my TE449.
    New genuine ones are still available and are not crazy dear. Be sure to fit a brake skake cable to the tip as in the picture to prevent the new one being damaged.
    DSC_2755.JPG