Ramirez/Yorba ISDE benefit ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Apr 9, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Sponsored by Tractor Racing/Traileros Tecate.
    We did split A (all A for me) and B loops for a total of about 65 miles for all riders both A &B, of the best of the best hardcore as well as softcore trails. It was a paid event to support Ramirez and Yorba for their trip the Spain for the 2016 ISDE they are Mexico Silver Vase team riders (Jr's under 23). We ate like kings and even got event tees for a measely 50 bucks + tickets costs for the raffle if you wanted to play--Klim jackets, signed jerseys, gloves, hats, googles etc. The location is an epic private rancho south of Tecate.

With the current conditions this was a very memorable trail ride. (plus I just installed 2 brand new tires and mousses!!!)
    Norman Foley likes this.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Silver Vase Rob? Not in the rule book anymore. Showing your age..... :oldman:

Sounded like an awesome event, for a great cause. :cheers:
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Is that Rancho Santa Veronica?
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:

OK Norm-----the Jr Trophy Team, old school silver vase...the under 23 Mexico ISDE TrophyTeam

no its not, but our lunch stop was over at RSV. The ride was based here
    https://www.facebook.com/Parque-Rancho-Las-Creaturas-147578828775480/
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You do know the old Silver Vase, was for a National Team not mounted on machines manufactured in their home country. Trophy Teams had to be on motorcycles manufactured in the team's home country. US couldn't enter a Trophy Team until the Penton. Even though it was assembled in Austria, Penton USA was listed as the manufacturer.
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    we started and finished here.......in between it was lunch/fuel break at RSV.
    [IMG]

And we were treated to @65 miles of this and other more sporting sections.
    [IMG]
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    additional-- the North East transplant crew was railing, I had got out ahead of the peloton when a huge group got all hung up in a relatively easy uphill boulder section, I went all hooligan and rode up over and around everyone, then put my head down and enjoyed the great traction with 2 brand new tires.
    I finally caught up to the assigned trail leader then stopped for half a mo at a split and here comes the North easterner train- Andy(NY/ISDE vet) and Fred (CT/NETRA) bombing down the trail with another local guy on their tail, I jumped in and the other guy screwed me up a couple of times, got around him finally and I got back onto the train---but the train was on fire gapped me and left me at the station!! Those 2 were feeding off each other and just tearin' it up 350 4T style. great stuf,f so far this year its the best ride yet, 3 days of rain during the week just iced the cake!!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    the terrain mix down there is great , a little bit everything thrown in.
    12973277_10154454220287580_5617204882538212166_o.jpg trail1.jpg trail2.jpg trail3.jpg
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    to me this hill was a not so tuff thing when I arrived the trail leader was caught up and and I parked my bike about where the fotos are taken from, while I was there I helped 2 guys get up then Ivan came through did a nice pivot turn and powered up the thing (the trail came from the right side and made a 90deg turn to face this spot. Ron is the guy in the fotos helping he was my relief, he was on the side when I went up. the 300 is the best thing ever for this stuff....I went up with zero fanfare or assistance...trust me it was about 85% bike 14% me 1% luck....100% all good but by then the NE crew was way long gone!! I saw them at lunch. Ron was riding Chilly's KTM250XCF test bike.
    tilled hill1.jpg
    Norman Foley likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    another this time a Hung up Husaberg.
    hill3.jpg
    Norman Foley likes this.