Radiator problems 07 TE450

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Dirtdame, Dec 29, 2008.

1. loony888 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR0SS
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati's
    coffee,
    i have a pdf of the parts fische, the part numbers for the radiators are below.

LHS (TOYO) 8000 99659
    LHS (KTM) 8000 A7989
    LHS (ALEXON) 8000 A7993

RHS (TOYO) 8000 99658 (COMPLETE) guessing it's with a cap.
    RHS (KTM) 8000 A7990
    RHS (ALEXON) 8000 A7992

I downloaded the pdf file from the husqvarna web sitebelow.
    http://husqvarnamotorcycles.com.au/spareparts.php

paul.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The Husky numbers match from the 2006 & 2007 parts lists so those did not change.

It also lists the same Husky part numbers for 2008 & 2009 but only lists these 2 for 2008 and 2009... for being compatible.
    8000 B1406 (KTM) left hand side
    8000 B1407 (KTM) right hand side

Putting all that information together here are the part numbers for radiators for 2006 -2009 250/310/450/510 bikes:
    LHS (TOYO) 8000 99659
    LHS (KTM) 8000 A7989
    LHS (KTM) 8000 B1406
    LHS (ALEXON) 8000 A7993

RHS (TOYO) 8000 99658 (COMPLETE) guessing it's with a cap.
    RHS (KTM) 8000 A7990
    RHS (KTM) 8000 B1407
    RHS (ALEXON) 8000 A7992

Anyone want to take a peek at the manuals and confirm?
  3. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I read in an old magazine that black pepper somehow stops leaks in radiators. Always kept some in my fannypack so one day I pulled some for my scooters drip :censored: So I know that pepper does work.:thumbsup:
  4. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

radiator

a help on the rad would be to enlarge the bottom tank, or replace it completely. larger ones are available. or have a fab shop make a set up. we are lucky the bike mfgs haven't gone the automotive route with low grade die cast rads or plastic radiators, that aren't repairable...
  5. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Apparently those number also apply to the 2005 TE.
    I manage to slam into some rocks last week and smash my left side guard protected radiator......just looking up the part number and found it to be the same as listed above.
  6. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine just started leaking yesterday in the same place.:banghead: It looks like the repeated bending and straightening has caused the fins to pull loose from the tube and cause it to leak. Dirtdame where did you say you got those radiators at for $97?

Thanks
    Dave
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I bought my left hand radiator at Motoforza here in Escondido a while back (I think I ordered it in February).
  8. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ordered a new rad and it was the Toyo for $125. The old one had a crack in the tube about 1" long. I'm going to try and fix the old one for a spare. Wish me luck:busted:

My dealer also noted that the Toyo comes with a higher pressure cap and that it is not compatable with the Alexon. The added pressure will cause the left side to fail. But putting the Toyo on the left side is ok.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I forgot about this thread...

You fine people may want to check with your Husqvarna dealers, the price on radiators may have changed for the better.
  10. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

I should have said that was the price with shipping to my house. I didnt ask what the price was before. It was cheaper than I had expected however. It was in stock and I should have it by friday.:thumbsup::ride:
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You got this from a Husqvarna dealer? If so they have definitely come down in price.
  12. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got it from Bottones Jo-Bet cycles. I was going to call Motoforza but it was close enough in price I didnt bother. I will post my results on fixing the old one.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sweet!

If someone else posts that they are getting reasonable prices from a dealer there is no need to keep this thread stuck - the big $ for the radiators will be no more.
  14. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ordered my left side radiator last month from our local dealer. Retail price was $136, my price was $123.

OEM Husky radiator was about half what I heard guys were paying around here for OEM Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and KTM radiators
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Seems they are much less expensive now... unsticking thread.
  16. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to update. Had my right side suffer a crack right up the center of the inner most tube. Sent it to Mylers in Utah, cost $35 plus my shipping and worked great for over a year. Last week it began dripping again. I noticed a hairline crack start at the bottom of the weld Mylers did and it looked to be slowly opening up further. I have a friend that repairs AC and he used an epoxy in the tube to seal it completely because he believes it'll (the crack) keep spliting..I will lose that tube but it should work ok..

Emailed Dan at Motoxotica and he has the replacement in stock for $140..so that is my next move if this fails.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Good to know the pricing is not as astronomical as it once was, now if they could cut the price on a few other items we would be all set.
  18. bower100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250CR - '07 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TY350Trials-BetaRev3-'77RM250-'80YZ
    Yup, Thats good news for sure. I won't rehash the gouging I took, .... in stock and shipped quick though.:lol:

Dave
  19. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's been a while but I did temporarily fix the leaking radiator. It lasted until the inside support broke. I had to remove one row of fins because the brazing rod I used would shrink so much that when you filled the crack it would just pull out of the aluminum and cause another crack.
    Mainly I wanted to post this for people looking for a was to make aluminum repairs if they have access to a oxy-acetylene torch. Here is a pic of the rad after it was brazed. The repair held and never leaked, I just had to replace it because the side fell off.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The brazing rod I used was HTS-2000 that I bought from ebay (if you buy from ebay you dont have to worry about the expensive limited quantity amount from the manufacturer). I think that there is another rod called durafix and Tractor supply had something similar and says to do the same thing. Here is the HTS-2000 sitehttp://www.aluminumrepair.com/aluminum_repair.asp