Rad Guards are the go.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Jamnsam, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Jamnsam Husqvarna
    A Class

G'day, I just thought I would let everyone know that the rad guards made by 7602 racing are excellent.

Living in Australia and buying overseas from an unknown supplier always has its risks, but i am happy to say that the service and shipping from you guys was great.

I have no hesitation in recommending your products to any other seas customers.

The guards for my 08 TE450 were easy to install and fit like a glove. I should be buying some more stuff from you guys in the near future.

Tony.
    Maitland NSW, Australia.
  2. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

good to hear
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you are happy with them. Sorry for the long wait on the case savers, but at least once they shipped they made it there quickly.
  4. NZTXC Husqvarna
    B Class

Excellent

Add me to the list of happy customers.

Have one of the few TXC450 in New Zealand. Ordered a set that arrived quickly and fit great. have already been put to the test and paid off.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Glad you are happy with our braces.

Also, for those of you who are waiting for the red braces to get back in stock, we are producing another run right now. We have to rely on more outside vendors for this product than any other, so I hate to give a timeline. 2-4 weeks maybe. I'll post updates when I have them.
  6. EO430WR Husqvarna
    A Class

+2 on Happy Customers. Changed from OFG which failed to these 7602 with front shields, excellent workmanship and engineering.
  7. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    We just got our MFI, Ride PG vains back, trimmed stockers as directed and all is great.. Outstanding product without a dribble of coolant anytime/anywhere.

Thanks again Clay..

Chow, Carl
  8. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I just had to pay "ransom" (UK customs duty) on my rad braces, but they're on now and look (and feel) the business. They were a bit of a struggle to get on one side, but once I'd taken the offending radiator off it was clear that it was as bent as a banana. Nothing that couldn't be fixed with a vice, some bits of wood, a mallet and whatnot, but be aware that the braces are a snug fit around the rads, so if your bike's been crashed, you may have some fettling to do.

If you're retaining the stock rad shrouds then they need a couple of small cutouts. I found this easiest to do cleanly with a wood chisel and a mallet (the soft plastic cuts really raggedly with a hacksaw and the cut edges don't clean up easily). Sharp corners can then be radiussed with tinsnips or sharp sidecutting pliers.

Am working tomorrow, but will be doubtless destruction testing the braces soon!
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for the report 7.62. Yes, the braces can be a little difficult to fit with a bent radiator. Hopefully you don't get the chance to actually crash test them, but as they say about bikers, there are two types of motorcycle riders.. those who have crashed, and those who will. :D
  10. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I crash tested mine yesterday. On a steep up hill climb the front end deflected off a basketball sized rock and I went down hard. The bike landed on the same basketball sized rock directly on the radiator. I have a small dent on the top of my pipe and the plastic guard on the radiator is tore up. It hit hard enough to bend the brace a bit but the radiator is still straight. I know that if it wasn't for the brace the radiator would have been toast. I'll post up a picture if I can find time. Money well spent.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sorry to hear about your crash there Mike. Always sucks when you break anything in a crash. Glad the brace did it's job though. :thumbsup:
  12. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have you to thank! If you hadn't sent me the braces and helped me figure out how to get them on a bike they weren't designed for I'd be out three times the money. :thumbsup:
  13. Steam Husqvarna
    B Class

interesting. i've hit the ofg's a couple times and they've worked, but i haven't really pummeled them. i think the night i mounted them i saw the 7602's and immediately thought, "i definitely prefer those!" i have thought i'd get them when i send the suspension in for revalving, since the bike will be down anyway.
  14. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Cly,

Getting tons of the same question from other brand riders.. When will you make guards for other Mfg models ???... alot of Eastcoasters want to know..

Thanks

Chow, Carl
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    got a KTM 350 in the shop right now, and should have them for Honda 450's soon after that.
  16. Pullened Husqvarna
    C Class

Do you make radiator braces and case cover for a 09 WR250?
  17. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    I'm sure the 4 stk Yam's would be a huge sell also.
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Not yet. Our rad braces can be modified to fit your WR250, but they are not a direct bolt on part. Working on 2stroke models here shortly. I will post when we have them ready.
  19. Busted RS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630, WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    DT360A's
    TE 630 Rad Guards/Braces

7602, do you guys have rad guards and braces available for the TE 630 ?

Regards, MD
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sorry, don't have braces for the 610/630 yet. Planning on adding some products for the 610/630 and 2 strokes over the winter.