1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Race time on stock Wr 250 tank

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Mar 12, 2009.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Anyone know what the actual race time is on a stock Wr250 tank?:excuseme:
  2. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

3. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Depends. I know guys that can go 2 hours on one, and ones that can't. Riding style/level, type of course, etc. all come into play.

Heck, I can't make it 2 hrs on my stock 125 tank in a regular HS.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    What about an hour and a half?
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    What about this concept? Lets say a guy does a little digging around and finds a weedeater tank and mounts it inside the air box (up under seat) so it doesn't restrict the air flow? Should keep good center of gravity and just might be the right amount to get you to the finish line without refueling? Was just thinking? They usually have antivibe mounts on them and the caps (if tipped over don't spill) are vented? I am trying to figure out if I can go 1 1/2 hours on stock tank but sometimes they can run us over 15 mins. Us old guys don't like to push but don't want the larger !

Comments Are Welcome.
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I have a 1 liter aluminum canister I fill with gas and throw in my backpack. Just in case.
    $6 at WalMart.

I put 1.6 hour-meter verified hours on my WR yesterday and it drank a lot of gas. I'm thinking my float level is off and its puking out the tubes.
  7. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Only one way to find out.:lol:

I don't really know, because I have only ridden my bike once. Tank was full and very empty when I was done. I'm guessing I rode 1.5 hours, but didn't time it.

I'm counting on being able to do a 1.5 -1.75 hare scramble on the stock tank. I don't think I can run 2+ hours without a splash of gas. I will find out this weekend if I can go 1.5 hours, or learn the hard way that I can't.
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Keep me posted. Could be why they have reserve. Glad to see you are going to get that bike broken in! I am curious how you make out?

Just filled my bike up other day and gas was running out of my vent hoses. Took carb apart and float was so far off that I couldn't believe it. Only have 6-8hrs on bike. I remember that it puked the second time that I rode it but corrected itself after a few seconds. Might be why I had to refuel at my first race. Might be worth checking?

Will that litre can fit down in the airbox, PC.?
  9. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

You should ride Prophetstown, it's a fun course. Not brutal like Keithsburg. Does anybody have a float level spec? I never checked mine. I've read somewhere on these boards, that the reserve doesn't get you very far?
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I've read it should be 18-22 mm. I dont have a manual to verify from though.
  11. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Negative. It fits lengthwise, but its about an inch too much width.

[IMG]

Close, but no cigar.
    [IMG]
    It's not even close in the vert position.

I always wear a backpack with tools, plugs, GPS and water so I'll throw it in there if doing a 60-70 miler on the other bike. I have no idea how far the 300 will go on a tank :excuseme: I will be bringing extra gas though. I hate to find out the hard way.
  12. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The last two races I have finished two hour races on the stock tank of a '07 WR 250. I figured worse case I hit the reserve and cut the course back to the pits. I have not had to do that yet. It really depends on how much you are on the main jet I think.
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    I checked last night and think that one of the top mounted weedeater tanks can be mounted behind the air filter element/by rear fender, enough to clear the seat. Or here is another thought? Lets say a guy goes and finds some CPVC/PVC pipe and makes a U or L out of it with fittings on the bottom for gas line? Take the line through the air box (Seal with silicone) to carb line (T)? one side of contraption could be fitted with a cap and drilled for a vent hose? Does anyone know what PVC pipe is gasoline friendly? Might help some of the two hour guys out?
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  15. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I rode 2.5 hours today on my WR250 with the stock tank. I did not hit reserve. This was tight single track, with very little time spent on the main jet. I think I'm jetted a little rich too, but close. I was riding at my race pace.

I am going to ride tomorrow and finish the tank out, but I'm guessing I don't have much gas left. I'm pretty sure I can run a 2.0 hour HS, unless it's an all wide open on the main jet type of race. And sometimes a 2.0 HS turns into 2.3 or 2.4 hours.
  16. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I rode my bike another .5 today. That's 3.0 hrs total with the stock tank, without hitting reserve, in tight single track. I don't think a 2.0 hr HS race should be any problem, unless it's a really fast course.

Just thought I would add, this was a total of 43 miles.