Race discs brake disc.

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Valeros, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Valeros Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te510 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ural m-67
    I bought "race discs" front brake disc for my te510 on ebay.co.uk It is squicky with both sintered metal and classic pads and it wears very quickly... And also it bents very easy. Bad buy.. Stay away.
    P.S. Can you advice better disc?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the "Braking" rotors on the newer huskys work great IMHO.
  3. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Two of my riding mates wore out a set of pads to the metal in one day on a KTM 300EXC, and a 'Berg TE300. Both had Race Discs on. The metal was paper thin and very rough, grinding the pads into a grey paste.
    They may be half the price of OEM discs, but you will get through a set of pads every ride or two, and a new disc every 5 rides or so.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Glad I saw this thread, there is another one over in the 2 stroke forum singing the praises of these discs.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Great, I just got one from those same praises. Guess I'll see which is right.
  6. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have had a set of "Race Discs" fitted to my spare wheels for over 2 years.

They have been used for practice with loads of riding in sandy going, mud, crap etc....

They look like new ! I could not recomend them enough.

I will buy more, if I ever need to ...
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Well, that's good to hear. Thanks.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Is "Race Discs" a brand? Maybe you guys are talking about 2 different manufactures.
  9. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

"Race Discs" is a brand. They are made in the UK . They sell on ebay etc... about £30 a Disc.

We are talking about the same thing !
  10. faupescus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    I agree with the above, bought one also, and both the pads and the disc went to waist really fast. Braking rotors are really worthwhile
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I have to say mine is holding up very well.
  12. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Maybe they have a quality control issue. Some good, some bad.
  13. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I use them on the rear of my Huskys with Kyoto pads as does a friend on his 125 . Knee deep mud / sand ect has left them still looking near new and the pad life is so far better than every other pad I have tried, not bad for the cheapest pad available so no complaints from me
    One a side note - one rear disc the slots face forwards the other faces back so they countersunk the wrong side on one of them lol
  14. digbc Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have one on the rear of my TC 450 nothing wrong with it works well
  15. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine are still perfect ! Great product IMHO.
  16. T.Read Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None anymore.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 250, 3 Hondas, 3 Triumphs
    I saw mixed reviews of these but decided to go ahead and give one a try on my rear. Took about 30-40miles of woods riding in semi to full muddy conditions before they destroyed an almost new set of pads. I had EBC sintered "R" suffix pads in which held up well on the stock disc even though it was bent. I noticed the holes were not dressed down at all and were catching the pads from the get go.

I hoped after they bedded in, it wouldn't be so bad. Doesn't feel like the holes have the nasty burrs on them anymore now, so I'm going to try a new set this weekend and see if it's better. Does feel like the pads also wore down the metal on the disc pretty good as well. I don't think I ride the rear brake that much so I'm a bit surprised.

I have a Braking on the front and I still haven't needed pads since I got the bike at the beginning of the year. And I use my front quite a bit. I will definitely be replacing the rear with a Braking rotor when this one is done, if not sooner.
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    old thread I know but these race discs(well the front anyway) are terrible! 12 hours & ive gone through 3 sets of quality pads & the disc is worn to buggery! should have heeded some advice on here again. old saying get what you pay for. interestingly though the rear is holding up very well & has good feel/power so cant knock that. realise most braking done with the front but 3 sets of pads in 12 hours-WTF! was down to steel after yesterdays 60km ride. BTW all dry conditions with very little sand or wearing conditions
  18. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I put the bigger rear disc kit on the rear of my WR250 with a Racedisc. It performs well but burns through pads like crazy.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    unreal hey they must be made of some harsh stuff. my rear has been good hardly any wear on pads but the front just goes through em like theres no tomorrow:eek: ive had pads last 50+ hours easy! aside from 'braking' who makes a replacement front disc for the huskies? im gonna be broke soon through having to buys pads if I don't replace this disc pronto. wonder if 'race discs' are colluding with pad manufacturers?!:thinking:
  20. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I just looked at my rear pads, they are half gone after two rides. I'm going to either have to buy an old oem solid disc or if somebody can recommend just using a different brand of rotor. I have the Zip Ty kit for the bigger rotor size. Thanks!